BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Sorry For The Wait, I Just Needed A Break...



Sincere apologies for only just updating my blog since December. I know people have been wondering what's going on, it's only now I feel I can update you a little bit. It seems a life time ago we were celebrating Christmas & New Year, I hope it's all started off as well as it possibly can for you.

I however, have not been myself for a good few months now, some of which is down to CF / Transplant etc but a great deal is down to me not being able to cope with certain things. I became a recluse in many ways, I didn't & still haven't, seen many people or been able to socialise. My classes have ground to a halt for now & I'm seeking all the help I can.

I am not going to go into details about what's been going as I do like to keep things private, it has nothing to do with the fact I am struggling with the transplant concept however. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite, I feel completely guilty that I have felt so down about things when I have been given another chance to live a full (ish) life.... However, I am only human & can't help that things have got to much for me to deal with.

This being said, I have been able to recognise this fact & asked for help before it got too much. I am now being well looked after with the help of my medical teams, husband & a couple close friends to get myself back on track, it may take a few good months but I am already better than I was & looking forward to getting back to the old Kimberley, or maybe even a better one ???


I have been back & forth to Harefield & Exeter the last two months with several appointments, tests & procedures. I still have things going on but as always, this will just be a part of life as it always has been. I must say, having to be away from my gorgeous family for a couple of days & the travel is awful but it's always nice to catch up with my transplantee friends when we are in Harefield together... 

Hannah & I At Harefield

Emily & I At Harefield

I have a few exciting / interesting things to tell you about before I sign off today... ( I have a little writers block as it's been so long)

Stefan surprised me with a road trip to see Shaun again at his new premises of Crocodiles Of The World in Oxford at the beginning of the month. The place was brilliant, I had a wonderful day spending time with Stef which always lifts my spirits & came back with some goodies too. 

Stefan & I @ Crocs Of The World

All my zoo are doing great, I found some little eggs on New Years day in my Crested Gecko tank & last week, after being in my incubator they hatched! Beautiful little tiny's I have so much love for! The day was made even better by finding two more eggs buried in the afternoon!

Babies!
 
The dog & skunk babies were made famous last week after having a little article printed about their friendship in Chat magazine this week (pub date 26 Feb) they are on page 54 & very pleased with themselves :)


I went to the cinema for the first time in yonks to see Fifty Shades Of Grey with my friends which was a great evening & I am looking forward to going to Crufts for a day in March... Until then, good days will come & go & I will continue to battle my demons a step at a time.  

Although I am having a break from classes, I still made the local paper ;)

Thank you for taking the time to read as always & for understanding things are just a bit difficult at this time xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment