BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, 19 December 2014

Merry Christmas, See You In 2015!



Hi everyone, I can't see me being able to write again over the next few weeks so I wanted to give you a quick update & wrap up my blog for the end of 2014...

Boadicea

Things haven't gone how I would have liked them to recently & in fact I am feeling quite bloody miserable!
It was bound to happen sooner or later, but I caught a horrible cold bug about a fortnight ago that went straight onto my lungs & made me feel rotten. Sadly, my lung function shot straight down after trying to do all I could to prevent it, I was really struggling for breathe & coughing up lots of crap so thought it was best to be seen by my local hospital as I was so scared. (I had notified Harefield also)

They admitted me that day much to my protest, although deep down I knew it was for the best. Harefield are so jam packed at the moment, they did want me there but they had no beds & I was third in line to wait for one to become available. With the symptoms I had they were testing for a particular viral pneumonia, the results were being sent to Bristol so would take a while to return, Harefield didn't want me on IV's as yet so it was just a matter of waiting which didn't sit with me too well at all.... After begging my consultant to at least increase my steroids & doing lots of physio to clear my lungs as much as possible by the second day in the early evening I was feeling much better with regards to breathing.

It really helped having my friends there too to make me laugh, I must admit this time round I had fantastic support, not only did Kate pick me up from home & take me in, she also stayed with me all day til we had a 'plan' then both Kate & Alicia came in the following morning bright & early with a McDonalds breakie & stayed with me all day again... This helped my hubby a lot as he was able to stay at work & look after our adorable zoo, knowing I wasn't suffering on my own. I also had a surprise visit from Daves' (Ladylungs) wife Marie & my sister came up on the Friday evening with some much needed munch!

I convinced the team on the Saturday morning that I was ok & I would be much better recovering in the comfort of my own home where I could actually sleep & eat .... My lung function had fractionally increased so they let me home on the strict instructions to come back if I was worse & to continue coming back for bloods & lung function tests which I did on both the Monday then Wednesday, & unfortunately to my GP again this morning because they lost my bloody bloods from Wednesday!

Basically, I am feeling a lot better than I was, but it's a slow recovery, I am still fairly bunged up with my nose & gunk on my chest but my lung function hasn't dropped. I am very tired, pretty much all the time, I think it has wiped me out but I know that my miserable mood won't be helping me at all. I just feel very down & disappointed, I think, because I love Christmas so much & so far things just haven't gone my way I am feeling very sorry for myself. Nice plans have been cancelled & I am trying to get as well as I possibly can so I can just have a nice Christmas at home!

I haven't yet socialised, I'm constantly reading people are all going out for Christmas drinks/ parties / shopping / family gatherings & I am sat home in my pj's watching endless Christmas cooking programme's whilst Stef's working.
I'm just a bit 'blue'. When to be totally honest I should be bloody grateful that I am home & not up in Harefield or fighting for my life like some other people I know. I just need to snap out of it. May take some time, but I'll get there.... 

Kaos

Should all be well & I keep my ass out of hospital, we will be spending a lovely Christmas afternoon with good friends which I am really, really looking forward too. I have Stef home for a whole 10 days after he breaks up next Tuesday & I can't wait to spend some time with him, he needs a good break & we have plenty of time to spend with our beautiful family & make some wonderful memories together. 

Reunited With My Babies After A Few Days In Hospital

I will leave you with some piccies of the babies & from the bottom of my heart, wish everyone that is reading this A Very Merry Christmas. Whether you have had a shit time recently or feeling unlucky, please know it won't last for ever, as always I will strive to think positive & make the best out of every situation & I hope that you can too... 


Fun At Keviccs

To those fighting for your second chance, please don't give up, you WILL get there...
For those amazing people that never got their second chance (& there were far too many this year) you will never be forgotten & your spirit lives on, rest in eternal peace...
For the people that walked out my life this year, (there were many of them too) I constantly battled with myself about what I had done & why I was to blame, turns out it just took me a hell of a long time to realise what a waste of space you were & it's your loss, I certainly don't need that negative shite in my life....
To the people that have had my back & supported me through thick & thin, I love you dearly, you know who you are....
To my donor, it goes without saying I wouldn't be writing this now if it hadn't been for you. You are never out of my thoughts... My angel.
& to the one person who gets me. We've had one hell of a year (yet again) but look how strong it's made us, I don't believe anything can break us Stefan, we will have been together 5 years this coming January the 4th & I can't wait to celebrate all the laughs, tears & stress with you for yet another... I love you so much. 

My Whole World

Merry Christmas Guys & I wish you all the very best for 2015. Make it count. Over & out.


Thank you for taking the time to read as always xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment