BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, 13 April 2015

Life Is Unexpected. Grab It With Both Hands & Never Look Back...



Seems time has slipped by once again & we find ourselves in mid April. Easter has been & gone & finally, apart from the bloody freezing wind, the sun is making an appearance every once in a while....


I am not sure how to explain the last few months since writing to you. As you know, I have been struggling with personal difficulties myself, that I am not ashamed of admitting, things are still ongoing in that sense. I have good days & bad but I think to a certain point, I am improving slowly with regards to my determination of living life the way I want.

A huge blow we had to the family however, was the absolute devastating news our (now 4 year old nephew who is celebrating his birthday today) was recently diagnosed with Metachromatic Leukodystophy (late infantile form) this is a rare condition that affects mainly the white matter of the brain, causing a progressive loss of physical and mental skills. Jack will keep deteriorating as there is currently no cure and nothing can be done to slow the process down. Eventually the combination of the diseased brain and the physical weakness will become too much and he will pass away. 


We don't know how much time we have with our Jack. Doctors say it could only be 10 years or it could be just 2. I fear with how poorly he is becoming so very quickly, it could be the latter. A lot of people have been extremely generous with donations to make his dreams come true & he is off to Disney, Paris next week to see some of his favourite characters whilst the doctors said it was still okay for him to fly. He is unable to walk now & his speech is incredibly difficult, he is in a lot of pain pretty much all of the time,  so we are doing all we can to give him some incredible memories & Stef & I would like to spend as much time with him as possible.

With the help of the bezzies, we were able to give him an awesome, very stimulating experience at the exotic shop with all the animals after closing, which you can see by the photos he absolutely loved... He even had a reptile party on Saturday just gone, as he just loves animals. It went down a treat, so a huge thank you to my amazing friends for making him smile :) The next coming months will be extremely difficult for us all, as long as Jack is comfortable & still smiling that's all I could possibly hope for. 





I am having a series of hospital appointments & sessions that are ongoing & am back to Harefield in the early part of May, lung function seems to be staying reasonably stable around 35% depending on my 'good' days. As long as I stay out of hospital that's all I care about!

I am keeping very busy at home with my little zoo, the dogs & Cookie are doing very well & we are soon to welcome a few more little additions into the home which I will show you next time once they have settled....

Kaos

Bo

Cookie
I have baby geckos coming out of my ears - it's the most beautiful sight to see tiny little things emerge from their eggs, I am in love with my hobby more now than I ever have been & it's certainly giving me something to focus on with all the shit going on... It's a passion that will continue to grow as I learn even more, I could never get bored. 




I'll leave you now with a few more pics & sign off until next time. Apologies I am not writing as often as I once was, but things are strained & can be a struggle as I am sure you understand....  

African Cape File, Ophir

Moomin, My Egg Eating Snake

Female African Cape File, Maia

Thank you for taking the time to read as always xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. HI Kimberley, we are all there for Jack and it has been a hard time for us all, but I didn't realize that you also have your own difficulties. I had a lovely day on Saturday and it was lovely to meet you as you are such a gawgus lady. I enjoy meeting the animals and will be coming up with Lou on Sunday to see the babies (and to make sure she doesn't come home with one!! ;) ) Take care my love and look after yourself xx Jane

    ReplyDelete