BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, 28 November 2014

A Tinchy Surprise That Will Melt Your Heart



So it' been a few weeks since we lost our beloved Kimba. Life has continued but it has been really hard. We have given Kaos & Cookie lots of TLC but the house has certainly felt very different. 

We  Love You Kimba xxx


I was feeling particularly down one weekend, so to cheer me up Stef was able to get the tree down & I put the Christmas decs up.... If you know me well enough, I absolutely love this time of year. I couldn't give a toss if it's still November, I love spending the evenings all snuggley with the twinkley lights on & candles lit .... 

My December Nails - Golden Gingerbread Men :)


I have had my friend make me some beautiful stockings for the animals. One in memory of Kimba, is hanging up next to a wooden canvas I have had made for her. They are all embroidered with some pictures & each of their name's. I love them, they really are beautiful & will be fun to fill with some treats on Christmas morning!!



We have had a couple new additions to the household over the last few weeks too, Stefan surprised me with 2 more crested geckos, a pinstripe male I've named Cassius. A partial pinstripe female called Rebel & a very docile, beautiful Emperor Scorpion I've named Temperance. I love them all.... 

Cassius, Top Right Corner, Rebel is Bottom Right!

Temperance My Emperor Scorpion


However, nothing could have prepared me for a surprise we received a week ago today. I had our best friends round for dinner last Friday evening, as they arrived we were told to close our eyes & not to peek!

When we opened them, there sat in front of us, with a little red bow around her neck & a tiny note, sat this beautiful little girl ...



The note read that 'she had heard we had recently lost Kimba who was a huge part of our family & that she was looking for a loving home & could we help each other out?'
Stef burst into tears & I was in complete shock!

(Please note that if we had decided on not keeping her she wouldn't have been homeless, everything was already in place no matter what our decision was)

We have named our new baby girl 'Bo' She is an 8 week old 'Olde Tyme Bulldog' & she completely melted our hearts. What's even better, is that Cookie & Kaos have taken to her so well, they completely adore each other, play together & sleep cuddled up in the tightest bundles all the time. Bo is so good, she's done brilliantly with training & we can't wait til she is able to go for her very first walk. 

It's been difficult losing Kimba, especially so suddenly & in no way whatsoever will she ever be replaced or forgotten, we have pictures of her everywhere & her spirit lives on in the house.

It was the biggest surprise having Bo come into our lives, we can't thank our best friends enough, I am still gobsmacked when I think about it now. it is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done & we are really looking forward to a wonderful future with all our babies. 

Our Gorgeous Baby Boy, Kaos' Enjoying Mummy & Daddy Time


Today I am having the first 'quiet' day at home for along time trying to rest up - I spent yesterday at the RD&E (with a huge thank you to Kate again!) for taking me & staying with me whilst I had an infusion for my bones & then a stitch removed which has been hanging out my chest since my port operation almost a month ago. The infusion lowers your immune system (not great for someone already on suppressants!) so I am keeping locked away from bugs for the next couple of days especially as I have started to feel a little run down. I am waiting to here back from Harefield as I am meant to be there next weekend but hoping to postpone now until after Christmas so will keep you posted as always....

For now I will leave you with some gorgeous pictures of my beautiful family & will write again soon...

Nap Time Zzzzzzz

Kaos' & Bo

Bo In Her Christmas Knit!

Playtime :)


Thank you to Nicky for my gorgeous stockings (if you want some for your pets / children please get in touch & I will forward you Nicky's details)

& a massive thank you from the bottom of my heart to Kate & Alicia.... loves you bitches!

Thank you for taking the time to read as always xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment