Anyway, enough of that! Before I start with the nice updates, I also had an incident where some total tosser thought they would smash up my intercom outside right by my front door. It was a Thursday night, around 12.45am & the banging I heard woke & startled me, Stef didn't flinch but I'm a very light sleeper & it was, to me, really loud, I just had a feeling it was something in our house... I turned on all the lights & peered outside the window but it was so dark I couldn't see anything so returned to bed to try & get back to sleep, literally moments later SMASH!!! The whole house shook & both Stef & I physically jumped out of bed, I knew it was my house & bolted down the stairs to find my intercom had been smashed up & ripped off the wall, I was running on adrenline at first but once I saw what they had done & to think they were trying a few times to have woken me the first time round, made me sick & I couldn't stop shaking & crying. The police were called & came round, but there's not a lot they could do as we obviously didn't see the person who did it. They've since been back up to check on me & I'm still waiting for my housing people to try & repair the damage, but it's not very nice to be made to feel unsafe in your own home. There really are some pricks out there!!
We had my sister's coffee morning / raffle for her trek towards Live Life Then Give Life a week last Saturday in Harbertonford. Unfortunately, the turn out was incredibly poor, when so many people said they would make it & didn't, I felt really disappointed, we had soooo many cakes left it was unreal but it was just one of those things I guess! I had my own little table full of leaflets of Lauren's trek, Organ Donation Information & Sign Up forms, I think about 20 people turned up overall, including us that were there to run it, such a shame, but I did manage to sign up one little person to be a donor, so a special thank you that individual who came forward :) Despite it not being quite the success we hoped for, we did manage to raise a whopping £554 !! So a huge thank you to those who turned up, bought raffle tickets & donated those delicious goodies ....
The Amazing Raffle Prizes, Donated By Local Shops,
Restaurants & Companies
Delicious Treats Donated By Friends & Family
Yummy!
Me @ My Table, With My Little Lung Warrior,
Kerry In My Hand :)
Stefan has been working extra hard lately to provide for us even more, he is often extremely tired in the evenings & as I haven't been well myself we haven't done anything the last few week's other than look after the babies & enjoy spending quiet evenings together... We did however, get one evening out to see the comedian Mickey Flanagan in Plymouth last Thursday. I got the tickets for Stef as a christmas present, they were like gold dust as all 3 dates he was doing had completely sold out & we were in row 3!!! It was a brilliant evening, I haven't laughed so much in ages (good job I don't cough & wee anymore, LOL!) & I think it did us both good to get out & do something different.
How Close We Were To Mickey Flanagan!
Me & My Whole World
We don't have anything planned for the coming weeks either, it's our fifth week of not having a droplet of alcohol between us which I am so pleased about & we are really trying to curve our spending, not waste it on crap & provide our babies with the best care we possibly can... We've been sorting out the house, having a huge clear out & even been listing a few things on Ebay for those extra pennies. I really think I should start co-presenting with Miss Money Penny on that tv programme, ScrimperSavers, lol ...
Suits Me & Stef To A Tee :)
So that's about it for now, nothing too exciting I'm afraid but I'm still very happy despite a few blips I'm having here & there. Wouldn't change my life for the world. Will leave you with a few piccies of the babies as you haven't seen them for a while, I hope you have a lovely week!
We Measured Thunder A Few Days Ago, He's Just Over 8ft Now
Here He Is Chilling With A Belly Full Of Jumbo Rats Whilst We Clean His Bedroom!
Our Beautiful Butter Girl Angel, Freshly Shed This Week
Thank you as always for taking the time to read xxx










Glad to here that you enjoyed your day out to see Mickey, love that bloke:-)you were so lucky to get tickets.Sorry to hear that there was a poor turnout for your sister but good that you raised the money you did:-) Take it easy and I hope you feel better after your recent procedure and the issue with the intercom!
ReplyDelete