I completely forgot to tell you in my last blog that I am taking part in a project for a charity 2014 calendar. I can't tell you about the theme just yet as it's meant to be a surprise for the big unveiling when they finally go on sale, but the funds will go towards Live Life Then Give Life & it features transplant recipients on each month....
I actually had my photoshoot on Sunday just gone. Unfortuately I can't tell you what I wore or post any piccies for a while, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it once the entire calendar is finished... I was up extra early, there was a make up lady booked but sadly she came down with the flu so I for once, attempted my make up myself, (I was so nervous & found it really difficult as I never wear a lot of make up these days, however, I think I got there in the end) My fab friend Jeanna came over with a maccy d's brekkie in hand bless her & styled my locks & then it was picture time with the photographer Steve. It didn't take too long & we had a bit of a giggle, but I was really pleased with the end results. There is still much work to do, including raising funds to be able to get the calendar printed & several copies sold so I will keep you posted with all the details as & when...
Make Up Completed, Before Hair Style For Shoot
After The Shoot In My Kitchen
I've still been having trouble with my arthritis & tummy pain, but I haven't let it get me down so much as I still wanted to carry out my plans, I've been more like a hermit crab the last few weeks & I certainly needed some fresh air so I just sucked it up & got on with things. I have clinics starting again from next week, both Exeter & Harefield, so will keep you posted as always with the results as I get them.
On Monday I was able to catch up with my friend Jo which was nice as haven't seen anyone in a good while & then my sister had two days off work as she was celebrating her 25th birthday. On the Tuesday, I met her & my mum at China Blue (my fave meeting place as not too risky for infections & lovely place to just relax) we had a drink & snack in the coffee shop & then looked around all the goodies, I was even able to get my big food shop done whilst we were in town to save going back down again before Stef finished work, so was able to chill out in the evening with everything packed away & done.
On her actual birthday, (yesterday), we went to Dartmoor Zoo. (Apparently I've been there before as a baby but as I can't remember, to me it was my first visit) Lauren drove as I paid for a special deal on Groupon to get two adult tickets for £9 - BARGAIN! Saving £12.90! I told you, I'm the new Mrs MoneyPenny! We took a packed lunch to save money buying from the restaurant too. The weather was a bit hit & miss, the sun would shine but then it would chuck it down with hail which was a shame but to be honest I didn't really mind as I wasn't getting soaked & actually enjoyed doing something nice & different for once...
The Birthday Girl & Her Cake!
Picnic In The Hail Storm!
The Zoo itself I thought was amazing, it isn't that big at all, you could easily do it with a couple of hours, but compared to Paignton Zoo I just felt the enclosures were more accomodating for the animals, it still has a lot of work to be carried out there too as only reopened in the last few years, once they've finished what they are set out to achieve I think it will be amazing. I took loads of pictures, especially of the big cats, other than reptiles, tigers I just find stunning, they were my Nannys favourite animal so I think I get that from her! We were lucky enough to have picked the best day as at 2pm the tigers were being fed.... We just watched them for ages & I felt like I could have stayed there for hours. I brought back a magnet for our fridge (we collect them from trips we've on / places been too) & a coaster for Stef as he was asking for one a while back & I thought a DZP one would be perfect as he missed out as was working bless him.
I Love Her!
Me & The Birthday Bitch :)
Stunning....
Josie The Lioness
We haven't much planned at all again now, especially over Easter as Stefan is working when he can & I have 4 hospital visits just in the next fortnight alone. We just appreciate the evenings we get to spend together & hoping the weather soon brightens so we can plan something around May / June to spend some quality husband & wife time again. The snake babies are all doing really well at the moment & we are waiting for our new arrival in mid April.
Dave (LadyLungs) Removed The Fencing For Me
From This Photo. What A Perfect Picture
I hope you all have a fantastic Easter, Thank you as always for taking the time to read xxx











No comments:
Post a Comment