Well I made it home from Thursday's clinic in one piece! The good news was that from the results of my biopsy, there were no signs of rejection, or viral & fungal infection which I was over the moon about.... My lung function itself, is still pretty dire, despite me doing all I can to improve it, it's just going to take time & I'm not going to push myself too much that I end up being poorly again. My renal results (kidneys) are playing silly buggers at the moment so I need to keep a close eye on that & I've been told to try & eat & drink more, odd, as I have a huge appetite most of the time & recently been extremely dehydrated so constantly drinking juice & squashes.... But I will do as I am told ;) If all being well I am to return to clinic at the end of March / beginning of April so cross fingers I can make it!!
The weekend I returned home after my stay at hotel Harefield, Stefan & I travelled (he drove) to Swansea to meet Craig & pick up a new baby for our collection. A proven male Lesser, who is absolutley stunning & good as gold. I named him Phoenix .... This is number 16 to our ever growing family now. I am really excited for the future, snakes is our passion, other than my illness & Stef working as hard as he does at the factory, we live & breathe for our babies... Stef saved his ass off for a new snake racking system for our ball pythons which was delivered on Monday morning, we are now just waiting for the rubs. I was able to get a bargain of a freezer with drawers especially for their food & we have our incubator ready to set up when the time comes... Things are slowly & surely coming together, I can't express to you how much I love to watch them, cuddle them & see them flourish in the environment we provide. They would always come first in my eyes, a lot of people don't understand it, see our hobby as a waste of money, a vile or boring animal that you can't do anything with... They just couldn't be more wrong & I couldn't care less what they think anymore, they make us happy & that's all I need. I will keep you updated with the progress of our project & put up pictures when it is completed.
Phoenix, Our Male Lesser
Last Friday, was my dearest friend Lady Lungs, (Dave) second year post transplant, a huge milestone for any transplant patient, especially with the complication's he endured. Him & his wife, Marie, drove down to see me & we went for a quiet little lunch down by the river... It was great to see them both & I was honoured to be apart of their special day.... Here's to many more celebrations Elmer Thudd!!
Dave, Marie & I At The Steam Packet
With Hannah & Charlotte In Spirit!
At the weekend Stef & I did a few chores which needed to be out of the way & then went & got a huge basket of munchies & cuddled up watching movies from late afternoon til bedtime, it was so nice to relax together, we hadn't watched any films for ages either & we plan to have another movie night again this Saturday providing things go to plan. He had the monday off work as the snake rack was being delivered first thing & he needed to be there to meet the bloke & set it all up. I pottered about & had a oxygen service that morning anyway (fun times!) Soon as that was all done, Stefan drove me to Plymouth & we pulled up at the skating rink. I haven't been for ages, (not surprisingly) & we had the best afternoon. I was really impressed with him to be honest as I thought he'd fall flat on his ass but he was really good, showing off a bit actually with all his twirls - it felt amazing to be skating round & round the rink & not get tired, I must really be improving my muscle tone too as my legs didn't ache one bit, I remember years ago in the past after five minutes or so I'd be in agony & have to stop but not this time!! Afterwards, we filled our tummies with a munch out at Nando's - Proberly our first & last treat for a while but it was so worth it. I enjoy spending ever single second with my husband, I'm so lucky to have someone that enjoys spending time with me & loves the same things that I do....
My Husband.... (Almost On His Ass!)
Me, Gracefully Of Course ;)
I forgot to mention that we have also both stopped drinking alcohol. A lot of friends are finding this hard to believe but it's true. In all honestly I haven't liked the taste of it since my transplant, but we just can't be bothered with it anymore. Plus it saves us money in the long run & that goes towards our babies & the equipment they need, so much more to show for... From now on, it'll only be a few drinks on a special occasion, like a wedding & such like. I feel much better for it already!!
Just before I go, this Saturday is my sister's coffee morning / bring & buy sale & raffle at Harbertonford Village Hall in aid of Live Life Then Give Life. Doors open at 10am so please come along & support us. Raffle tickets are £1 each & there are many great prizes up for grabs, they can be purchased from this link...
http://www.justgiving.com/Lauren-Hutchinson2
There will be freshly made cakes & lots of beverages hot & cold to enjoy, plus I will be there with organ donation sign up's in hand as living proof to what a difference being an amazing donor can make!! Enjoy the rest of your week guys & hope to see you on Saturday morning !!
Thank you as always for taking the time to read xxx





Got to admit snakes scare me to death but I think it's great that you have a real passion for them and can give them a great home.
ReplyDeleteI want to try skating now!
Thank you lovely ! You should. We were there for an hour & a half & barely rested.... Go when it's nice & quiet :)
ReplyDelete