I felt particularly poorly on Sunday morning when I woke up, I don’t think the litre bottle of Morgan’s Spiced a few hours beforehand helped things but I rarely get hangovers, and my breathing was far more difficult than the day before. I didn’t want it to ruin our plans though, so Stef helped me get ready and we set off in the car to Plymouth as GT Motorcycles were having an open day, with helmets at bargain prices and I wanted to see if they had one suitable for me. We weren’t there for very long, I was literally measured up there and then, with my nasal specs on and found the perfect colour at a cheap as chips price so was very happy!! We were soon on our way up to Exeter to see Kate from Exeter Exotics & called in at Bridge motorcycles on the way back so Stef could get his new pair of bike gloves.
My Pink Helmet - Would You Expect Anything Else?
We were back home by 1.30pm and Stef helped me get into my motorcycle jacket, filled up my oxygen again and put it on a rucksack onto my back and then fitted my helmet, I looked like a marshmallow and felt extremely weighed down. I was really struggling to breathe so we decided that we should only go on a little taster ride just so Stef could get used to me on the back and see how it felt for me with my oxygen on as we were riding…
We went to the village (where I used to live with my mum, literally 2 miles away) stopped to have our photo taken by my brother, have a breather and then back home again. It was amazing, I felt like shit, and granted when Stef overtook a car on the straight and went a little faster my breathe was taken away but not so much so I started panicking as I knew it wasn’t a long ride.
I was back home in my pjs resting on the sofa by 2.30pm but I was smiling a huge smile. I hadn’t been on the back of a bike for about six years and it felt so good again, what made me even happier was that it was with my husband, and that now, when I have a good day, I will be able to share it with him and go for longer bike rides when the sun is shining (we can dream) and to events such as the local bike night over the summer on a Wednesday evening. It was a good feeling.
Stefan & I On His Bike In Harbetonford
My Beautiful Anniversary Gift From My Husband
Me & My Signed Piccie!
Swamp Brothers
Tomorrow (6th) I celebrate my 29th birthday. I can’t believe it. 29. Especially when medics in the past wondered if I would see my 20’s.
To me it won’t be a year of celebrating getting older, (or even the fact that people start to hate birthdays and getting older… ) but I’ll be celebrating one more year that I’ve kicked CF’s ass. I know I’m listed for transplant now, and who knows what will happen in the future, but I’m grateful for every year I have been given. Although I’ve had a shit few years, and I’m not talking about just my health, I’m glad it’s all happened and I’m here today to show it. I’ve made mistakes, I’m only human. I’ve gone through pain that no one could imagine, I wish something’s hadn’t have happened, but they did. I’ve made friends, I’ve lost friends, I’ve found out who’s worthy of my time and painfully who isn’t. But I got through it. I’m still here. I’m fighting with every breath that I have, and more than anything, I’m literally the happiest I have ever been. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful family of snakes. Good friends and family and everything that has happened to me has only made me stronger and more determined than ever to fight for more years just like the last couple I have had with Stefan.
We are kicking off the birthday plans this evening by having tea at my mother in laws, tomorrow Stef has the day off work. I have no idea what we’ll do as can’t spend any money and I don’t want to be too knackered for my evening meal… Maybe you can suggest something please people??? Tomorrow night we are being dropped off by our friend Darren to enjoy our meal out so Stef can have a drink with me. Unfortunately the place we wanted was fully booked but we have gone with another highly recommended place so here’s hoping it‘ll be yummy and I can eat my weight in delicious food!! Saturday evening we are going to our friends Adam & Leah’s for a couple of quiet drinks as nights in the pubs are too expensive and after our meal the night before I don’t want to over do things as I’m still feeling crappy, then finally on Sunday we are having lunch with my mum and hopefully my sister and brother will be joining us too!! I hope to catch up with some other good friends over the week, we haven’t done a huge birthday celebration thing as we’ve trying to be careful with money and I don’t want to become any worse than I am now as I have Harefield in three weeks. Although it’s not extravagant, I’m really looking forward to the next couple of days and here’s hoping that this next time next year, I’ll be throwing the mother of all parties, my big fat 30th, with all my family and friends around me, shaking my ass and dancing on top of tables with my shiny new lungs!!!!
'Quiet' Drinks, Who Am I Kidding?! This Is Me After
A Few 'Quiet Drinks' With Just My Hubby On Saturday Night!







I love reading your blog Kimberley and hope you have lovely day tomorrow and evening,so happy birthday for tomorrow,and take care,xxx
ReplyDelete