BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, 11 June 2012

What We Did Over The Queens Diamond Jubilee & Stefan‘s Week Off…

I can’t believe it’s already Monday morning and the week Stefan had off work has already been and gone!! Unfortunately it didn’t go to plan the way we would have wanted it to but we did try and make the most of things when we had the opportunity.

Instead of boring you with endless descriptions, I will upload some pictures and show you what we got up to on the good days! I am not feeling well at the moment, I was struggling just before the weekend and its rapidly become worse over just a few days, hence why I don’t feel like I can blog too long. It could be a possibility that I over did it, but maybe the iv’s I’m on just aren’t hitting the infection as well as it could be. Either way, I can’t just let my CF take over when my husband has time off and gives me the chance to get out the house and spend some quality time with him. I’m just relieved that other than my cf nurse coming over on Wednesday, and hopefully our shower finally being replaced during the week, I actually have no plans and can try and give my body the chance to rest. As I’ve said many a time, I’m fed up of just existing and although we only had a few days where we could make the most if it, I’m glad that for those short few days I had the chance to ’live’ again.

My poor husband became extremely ill during the week off and for once our roles were reversed and I was able to take care of him and all the babies. I was completely exhausted after it, but the strength certainly came from within, and I did my upmost to do whatever I could to make him more comfortable. I hated seeing him suffer. He went to our local hospital to see the GP and have injections for the sickness on Thursday evening, he is still suffering with some tummy pain currently, but I’m happy to say he is a lot better than he was and we were able to enjoy ourselves over the weekend once he was over the worst of it.

Just before I go and load up the photo’s for you, I do have the news of two things that have made me smile the most this week. Firstly, the American TV programme Stefan & I watch, Swamp Brothers, one of our favourites aired on Quest, as it’s all about Glades Herp Farm in Florida, snakes, crocs and gators!! Well I became friends with the brothers themselves on facebook last week and one of them read my blog, tagged me in a post and shared it on his fb page for more awareness!! They are currently doing a castaways for cancer trip at the moment and then going on vacation but he messaged me the other day and said when he was back he would send me a signed photo!! I was absolutely buzzing! It’s very rare you can get such one to one feedback from a celebrity and for them to take notice of little old me was just brilliant and I have been on a complete high ever since!! Secondly, we have a beautiful new family member! After hospital on Wednesday, Stef took me to Exeter Exotics as we needed more food for the babies and I had a look at this gorgeous little pastel royal that was posted on their page for sale. I was already in love from the photo but as always a picture can never do it justice, my heart melted and he came home with us that day as my birthday present from Stef & the other babies. He’s a very special little boy as due to incubation problems he hatched out of his egg with a kinked tail! This hasn’t affected him in any other way, he still eats, poops and can move with no problem, it just means it is advised not to breed from him and that he has well, a visual disability. He is absolutely adorable and has settled in brilliantly, he’s our youngest baby after hatching in April and we have named him Zante. Although I feel so poorly at the moment, I never let this come between caring for my snakes. It’s the only thing that makes me feel better, that and cuddles with my other half of course…. Hope you enjoy the pictures I‘ve shared with you, I will hopefully write again when I’m feeling a bit more human.



Saturday 2nd June, my friend Sarah's Baby Shower, lots of food & giggles!!

 

The Boys at Gemma's Surprise Birthday Party on Sunday 3rd June


Gemma, her little sister & I in her garden during her party


Our New Comfy Bed!!!


Stephen Keszey from Swamp Brothers tagging me in a post!!


Me on Tuesday 5th June having a few drinks in Paignton


Stefan & I in The Factory in Paignton


My New Baby Zante


Gorgeous Little Pastel Royal Python


My School Reunion At The Riveria Centre, Torquay, Friday 8th June.
Stef &I with my old class mates. A great laugh!


My School Reunion. Pictured with my best friend from school, Kelly, & my Deputy Head Mr Shelton & First Ever Teacher At Steps Cross, Mr Knibbs!

Best Friends At School Reunited.
Steps Cross Special School, Watcombe.
8th June 2012



Thank you for reading… xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberley Jane,
    Do you have an email address or phone number where I can contact you privately? it's about CF. You can email me at: joolsy@rocketmail.com or give me a call on 07546349768 Thanks! (I'm based near Dartmouth, Devon). Jools

    ReplyDelete