BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

A Slight Change In Attitude & My Stiffy’s Turning 23!

Mereopenom hasn’t treated me well this time round, it’s usually the most successful iv to help with my infections, but I’ve been struggling more than usual. My week seemed extremely busy even though I had nothing in particular planned and although I didn’t actually get out of the house until Friday afternoon, I didn’t seem to get much rest.
My sisters skydive was postponed just before the weekend due to high winds, she has three months to re-book so I will let you know the date as soon as she has spoken to the team again! She’s only a little way off her target now so I want to say a big thank you to all that have sponsored her, as it’s still yet to be done, this gives us a little more time for her to hopefully smash her target and raise as much as she can for the CF Trust, please if you can, donate now…. http://www.justgiving.com/Lauren-Hutchinson0

I managed to get out the house a few times over the weekend, despite feeling like shit, Lauren took me to the cinema on Friday to watch Snow White and I was back home again in my pj’s ready for a quiet night in with Stefan and the snakes watching the England game… On Saturday we were out for a couple of hours during the day then I got to see our gorgeous nephew Jack, he turned one in April and I cannot believe just how quickly he is growing! He really is such a good boy but it’s nice to give them back after a few hours, I tire so easily I don’t know what I was thinking wanting a baby so desperately a few months ago!!A friend we hadn’t seen in a long time popped into see us in the early evening and I suggested going for ‘one’ drink across the pub, so Stef got me in my chair and filled up my oxygen. The ‘one’ became ‘three’ and before we knew it we were out the whole night! It was a good laugh and I had no regrets… I always find the best nights are the ones unplanned.



Jack, Our Nephew

I seem to be thinking that more often these days, no matter how rough I’m feeling I don’t see the point in just waiting for CF to get the better of me, it already has done to a point hence being listed for transplant, but I don’t know what the future holds and I’m fed up of watching life pass me by. I’m starting to not give a fuck about people’s comments or stares, if I have the smallest bit of energy for Stef to take me out and socialise then I’m going to do it. I’m extremely good with my money and always like a little bit tucked away for a rainy day, bills have always come first in my book, then what’s left is to save or spend the way we please. My attitude towards that is changing slightly too, not to the extent I would ever get myself in money troubles, but just when I would use to think, “I’m not wasting that when it could be saved in my bank in case this happens or that…” But life is short and you can’t take it with you. If I can have a couple of hours out with my husband and friends I’d much rather enjoy that then sit at home thinking I wasted my life away watching mindless shit on tv and letting this disease take everything from me…

Just goes to show that thinking about things going wrong does pay off also though as after a few hours out on Sunday looking at things for the house we got home to cook a roast chicken and bang our gas cooker went pop!
You just don’t expect these things to happen and they aren’t cheap to replace, luckily I have been able to order just a bog standard one to be delivered and fitted this Thursday but from now on I’ll have to be very careful with spending for a while… Stefan has been moving things around in the house to make the most of what we can with space, the furniture we have plus all our amazing snake babies. We have moved my bar into the kitchen after selling my table and chairs and now have so much space in the living room, it feels really comfortable again and I just love being able to relax in there. Our bedroom is coming together too, what with the new bed and matching tables and bed side lights I’m just waiting on the linings and Stefan to hang the new curtains. I love making our house into a home, slowly things of mine back when I was living on my own are disappearing and we are building our home together, making it look and feel the way we want it to as a loving couple, which gives me a huge smile when I think back to a few years ago and what a mess I was in.

Talking of my wonderful husband, he will be celebrating his 23rd birthday tomorrow. Even if we had a working cooker I said I would treat him to a takeaway of his choice in the evening regardless, so that’s the dinner sorted. He is working and I am up in Exeter hospital again actually seeing my consultant for once in clinic (I haven’t seen him for a good 2months) and having my iv’s changed. Not a very exciting day but I’m pleased we get the evening together to relax. I’m not to sure on the plans for the rest of the week or the weekend as usual I take it as it comes, but I’m sure a few celebratory drinks will be on the cards if I have anything to do with it!! I only wish I could whisk him away for a surprise break that he really deserves. Happy Birthday Stiffy, you are my absolute world and I’m so thankful to have you in my life. Love you to the moon and back…..



Happy 23rd Birthday Gorgeous, I Love You With All My Heart & Soul

Thank you for reading… xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment