We’ve had every evening together which has been lovely and our ‘time out’ but the days have just been mental from hospital appointments (for Stefan as well as me) visits from friends and trying to actually do something together in between the mayhem without wasting any money.
I changed over my iv’s to my next course on Tuesday which went pretty straight forward as I was only seeing my CF nurse. I’ve been getting a lot of chest pain still and had a few bleeds over the weekend so when I see my consultant next I am going to have to bring it up with him as not sure if it is meant to be happening as often as they can be quite dangerous. It’s not very pleasant when you start bringing up mouthfuls of blood in front of your cousin and her boyfriend who you’ve only recently been acquainted!! (Sorry Roxy!!)
On Wednesday we had an hour to ourselves so went for a snack and Stef pushed me along the seafront before we had to attend his hospital appointment to be assessed by a physio. He’s had a lot of trouble with his knee’s from previous injuries when he played football and took part in mma classes a few years ago, he gets regular pain and at times they can just give way. He has exercises to do for a month and if no better they’ll need to make further investigations. We’re both really hoping it’s the fact his muscles aren’t fully developed as we certainly wouldn’t want it to be anything more serious…
In between appointments and things we have seen some good friends this week. Sarah popped into see me who has just found out she’s going to be a mummy to a little boy, I am so happy for her, she’s getting bigger by the day (he’s going to be huge!) and I can’t wait for him to be born - she’ll make a fabulous mummy!!! I also saw my friend Jeanna, who never fails to cheer me up when she’s reviving my hair and we’re gossiping about the latest stories.
I’m completely resting over the weekend as now feel awful from lack of sleep, chest pains and im drowning in yucky crap. Our friend Marc is going to come over on Saturday for some munch and a bevy & I’m also expecting two visits today whilst Stef is out from Hayley and then Jo and her son Mason, who I’m looking forward to introducing to all my babies…
Talking of my babies. I’m not one to do anything on a whim. We’re always on a budget when it come’s to money and I’m a complete tight arse. One thing I will not scrimp on is the care for my snakes however. Now when I was listed on the transplant list I said to Stef we wouldn’t get anymore family members because of our situation, and as you would have read in my goals list it is one thing I would love to do.
Now, we even discussed that we wouldn’t get another corn snake. We have two and love them dearly, but felt that that would be it for our collection of corns. We have our two boa’s and I know Stef would want another one and I personally wouldn’t mind getting a python next time around, but then I spotted a corn snake that I instantly fell in love with, his colours were amazing. I had my eye on him for a good couple of week’s but because of what I said about being listed and the fact I was trying to save and not spend I kept saying no, and telling myself that he’ll go to a good home eventually…
I ended up giving in! Stef is working hard on doing all his theory and practical tests to be able to ride a Yamaha R6 on the road. (which can I just say well done to you baby, as he passed his theory yesterday with flying colours) so he’s got a ‘hobby’ / goal so to speak that he’s saving and spending money on. I however, don’t do anything other than get my nails touched up by my friend Ali and my hair by Jeanna which I can honestly say costs less then my bloody mobile phone bill each month! I never buy clothes or make up and we very rarely go out for food or drinks these days. I have a me to you bear penny jar that I save £1 coins in that was bought for me by my friend Charmaine and I contribute to that every week no matter what…
We had all the stuff we needed for a hatchling corn, as we had So’Co & Lynx from babies so all I had to pay out for was the baby snake himself and some food for him. Not that I have to justify myself to anyone for getting him, but I used some of the money from my teddy bear and basically my bank has been untouched!! I felt guilty driving up there to get him, I don’t know why, I just don’t like spending money on myself but Stef kept saying, what you feel guilty about giving him a new home do you? Obviously not! I would rather give any snake a new home any day than have an expensive meal out….
So here he is… Jasper. Roughly seven months old, he is what’s known as a Abbotts Okeetee Corn Snake. He is so tiny I have shoe laces bigger!!! He has settled in nicely and I can honestly say I’m pleased that for once I just went out on a whim and gave him a lovely new home.
My Little Jasper

Hi Kim
ReplyDeleteGlad your new snake Jasper has settled in well... You deserve to treat yourself now and again.
Take care and hope to see you again soon. Kate & Alicia xx (Exeter Exotics)