BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, 24 February 2012

Goals & things I would like to achieve once I get my new lungs!!! (First draft!)

I always thought it would be so easy to write a list of the things I want to do if I get my new lungs. In hindsight it is, everything that I can’t possibly do now. That over time, has been taken away from me or I have never been able to do because my health was so poor in the first place…

However, as I’ve thought about it, it’s been all the more difficult. Not because there’s nothing exciting I want to do, simply because I never expected I might have the chance of being able to do them!!
So here goes… These aren’t in any particular order and I will of course adhere to the advice of my transplant team once I am recovering as and when I can start to achieve my little list of 'goodies'…

* To ‘learn’ and take up regular swimming (I have had a phobia since an incident when I was little so this has always been a challenge and not only due to my CF)

* To take up a form of dancing again. I haven’t yet decided whether it will be between street or back to my fitness pole (& I know my pole instructor will have words to say about this) but I certainly want dance back in my life, I’m just not sure which path to go down…

* To have lots of long walks with my husband, starting with the Totnes’ river / cider press walk. (Which despite living in Totnes for the majority of my life I have never done!!)

* To attend as many concerts as I can, whether they are standing only or otherwise and dance my ass off!! I used to go to about 3 a year, including huge artists such as 50 Cent, Rihanna & Nelly! But I couldn’t get tickets for one of my favourite artists Professor Green as it was a standing only concert and I just wasn’t well enough and this was way before I was listed. I certainly want to be able to see him before my time on the planet is up!!

* To continue to campaign and fundraise for charities and causes of my choice. The CF Trust, Live Life Then Give Life, East Devon CF Trust & Harefield Hospital Foundation.
In light of this, an idea I have is to maybe turn my blog into a book and have it published, then the proceeds are spilt between these charities… (although this is just the first of many ideas)

* To travel!!! I love and I mean love holidays… I want to go for a two week sun holiday abroad once I have the all clear from my team. Zante, Palma Nova or Tenerife I have in mind…
I would love to go for a log cabin ‘wintery’ break as I just think it‘s utterly romantic…
With the possibility further along the line of visiting both Ireland and Italy for a long weekend!! Places I’ve always admired and wanted to travel too…

* A very important thing for me to achieve is to go back to work. I’ve always enjoyed it, to the point of having to do it because that’s the way this world works! But it was the hardest decision for me when I was advised to stop working and felt it really stripped me of my independence. I’m not stupid, I would only go back to part time as I know I still have cf and will still need to look after myself and more importantly my new lungs!!

I have a bigger belief now more than ever that life is too short and you should aim to do what you enjoy. I would love to work with snakes. I’m too old for dance now and couldn’t see myself going back to ‘school’ as it were as I am married and want to provide for me and my husband.
However, if I had the opportunity to work with snakes, I would jump at the chance. Searching for work I am sure will be extremely difficult, and needs must so at the end of the day if nothing looks likely for my ideal job I shall just have to go where the staff are needed and the bills are able to be paid…
I won’t give up trying though!!!

* Whether I find a job with snakes or not, I want to do a herpetology course or two… (reptiles) it’s something that I’ve wanted to do for years now and would always want to gain more knowledge and experience for my own pleasure.

* With this in mind, I would want to extend my little snake baby collection and get some more addition’s for our family. I would jump at the chance of doing it now if it wasn’t for the lack of money and the fact I was so poorly and waiting for a life saving operation. This doesn’t mean my four beautiful babies would have any less attention or care, I just have a lot of love to give and a great home to give them. Especially more so when I’ll be fitting fit!

* Whether I am still waiting on the transplant list or not… If I am still alive and kicking (so to speak) by the time my 30th birthday comes around in July 2013 I want to have the biggest PARTY!!! I have one life and I am prepared to live it the only way I know how and if I can hit 30 I intend to celebrate in style with all my good family and friends!!!!!!!!

* Finally, (although I am sure so many more things will pop into my head over the next few months about what I would like to do should I get my new puffers) A huge deal, the most wonderful, amazing, thing that I would like to do should I still be kicking ass and giving CF the FU fingers, is to renew my vows after ten years married to the most loving, understanding, supportive man I have ever had the chance to meet. My true soul mate, someone I am thankful for, every second of the day to have in my life. Stefan Kneil. That truly would be indescribable in words and a complete dream come true to look into your eyes and marry you all over again…



Thank you for reading xxx

1 comment:

  1. Legally concert venues have to provide seating for you (even at venues which are advertised as standing only) if you are unable to stand for health reasons. Just contact the venue beforehand to arrange it. And they may provide you with a free ticket for a carer too. I just thought this might enable you to get to gigs before you are well enough to stand for the duration of a concert.

    Molly (a fellow live music lover) x

    ReplyDelete