BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Everyday Is Valentines...

Well the days are passing quite quickly considering I haven’t stepped foot outside my front door and I’ve watched so many repeats on tv I’m feeling like a living version of comedy central & itv2! !

As I mentioned in a previous blog Stefan & I were thinking about getting a new sofa, (although we weren’t sure when due to lack of funds) so that when he was at work I would be able to get comfortable and sleep on it instead of lugging all my oxygen tubing up my stair lift with me and getting it caught in the rails!

I love a bargain as much as the next person and I really think we fell on our feet when Stef spotted an advert on one of those buy sell pages on facebook on Friday evening… Within a matter of minutes and a phone call later he was on his way with my brother in toe to look at a corner sofa that was needed to go that day and at a amazingly low price… I was crossing my fingers it would be suitable and not have anything too wrong with it that we‘d turn a blind eye.

Stef was home within forty five minutes with our brand new sofa, he stored it in the garage overnight as he had work so I was unable to see it and all I knew was that it needed a bloody good clean…
I was confined to the bedroom on Saturday afternoon with little Cleo for company whilst he spent five hard hours washing, scrubbing and shuffling furniture about in the front room.

The outcome - bloody brilliant!! It’s so comfortable, Stef and I can both lie out on it and not even touch each other it’s that big!! It couldn’t match the décor in our living room anymore if we had literally chosen it from the sofa place ourselves and the best thing about it was the price we paid…
Complete and utter bargain and the fact he worked so hard during the day to get it sparkly clean (the lady we bought it off had 9 children so I’m sure you can imagine it wasn’t looking so sparkly when he first brought it home) just shows me even more of what a wonderful person my hubby is…

Bargain Of The Year & Sooooo Comfy :)


He is now working every night up until the end of the week.
I’m going to miss him loads as I do every other night but as we didn’t have anything planned for Valentines Day I don‘t mind.
As far as I’m concerned every day is about showing our love for each other in little ways, we certainly don’t need a day to go all out and waste money, it‘s a shame it‘s so commercial these days.

He did however give me a little gift over the weekend, as I’d been feeling so rotten, the little surprise was so beautiful it really made me smile and I have those butterflies every time I look at it - I won’t be using it for my cuppa though, I don’t want it ruined!!!





I am back to Exeter hospital first thing on Wednesday, I am still getting a lot of chest pain, especially at night so I will be sure to bring it up during clinic. I am there to change over my iv’s from Mereopenom to Tazocin and I should know what’s happening with being resumed back on the active list for transplant… As much as I hate being woken up, no more having my phone on silent, cross falanges!!!

I just want to say a massive well done to Gemma Field and friends for holding a cake bake on Sunday for Live Life Then Give Life in Southampton. They were able to raise £136.15 for the cause and will continue to do more events throughout this year, excellent work!! Also a huge thank you to my lovely facebook friend Angie who wrote a blog about me and the importance of being signed up on the organ donor list…

http://abnurse.blogspot.com/2012/02/please-help-my-lovely-kimmy-be-able-to.html

Thank you to everyone for your continued support with my blog, for buying the newspaper I was in during the week and for sharing my story with your family and friends. As always, the kind messages are overwhelming and much appreciated, I hope you all have a very Happy Valentines Day filled with lots of love, if not from a partner, then your surrounding family and friends…. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment