As the days have passed since my last blog I’m sorry to say I haven’t improved, despite almost three weeks of iv’s and resting up as much as possible.
I’ve been using my wheelchair if I have to leave the house, which I must admit has been a god send as the pain and struggle has at least been halved without the added pressure of trying to walk.
I do find it difficult though, you can get really polite people who will move out the way for you and make a ‘nice comment’ but these are few and in between. Majority of the time I have found people trying to step over me, or sigh and tut if Stefan asks to pass.
Stefan’s been brilliant as always, he’s having to dress me at the moment, wash my hair and has been cooking dinner every night to make sure I eat. Although the last few day’s I have started being sick and having really bad stomach pains, I haven’t got a blockage (I know the signs and it’s something I suffer from frequently) so I’m not really sure what’s causing it, unless it’s just a bug.
Because we are only a few days from Christmas and I was fed up of feeling miserable and had cabin fever, I asked Stef if he would take me around the Christmas market in our town for an hour or so.
In a way I was dreading it because I knew it would be heaving, and wheeling a chair around masses of people and stalls isn’t the easiest thing to do, but I knew if we went early enough it wouldn’t be too bad and I just wanted to start feeling some festivity instead of feeling ill all the time.
I wrapped up in layer upon layer (with Stef’s help of course) and we set off just after 5. Part of the market is literally on our doorstep as we live very close to our high street so it wasn’t long before we were amongst the crowds.
My wonderful husband wheeled me all the way down the hill and back up again, and for those of you that know Totnes well, and can imagine Tuesday’s late night Christmas shopping, I think you’ll agree, he did very well!!
I had mulled wine and mulled cider, a crepe with lemon and sugar and bought a pork and crackling bap to eat when we got home. We were back in the house again by 6.15 so I really wasn’t out for long but it definitely did me the world of good, I was in a happy mood and was certainly feeling a tad more festive …
So thank you to my lovely husband for braving the crowds and giving me a little relief from all the rubbish that is so constant these days.
I spoke to my cf nurse earlier today who has pre warned the ward at Exeter that I am still very unwell, just in case I decide that I can’t cope anymore and need to go in, but I’m determined to see through my first Christmas as Husband and Wife at home and won’t let this illness bring me down…
I have a lot of Cf’er friends that are going through the same right now, being the time of year that nasty bugs are around and having that added pressure of wanting so desperately to keep out of hospital and enjoy Christmas at home with their familes.
I hope that their bodies give them a break and give them that chance. It’s just 2 little days, to try and push the crappy poorly feeling to the back of our minds, and enjoy the speecial day with the people we love.
I have two more days to rest completely before Christmas Eve, and I intend to make the very most of the weekend with my husband, our first Christmas as Mr & Mrs Kneil. I feel like shit, but at the same time, I’m feeling very excited!
I wish all my blog readers a Very Merry Christmas, hope you have a wonderful day whatever your plans…
Eat, drink and be merry. (You can count on me to do exactly that!) xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So glad that you were able to get out and about, it makes all the difference.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for you that things improve over Christmas, and that you both have a great time enjoying your first Christmas as Mr and Mrs.