BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Christmas Preparations & I don‘t mean the turkey!!

Well I’m a week into my iv’s and Itraconazole course and sad to say they haven’t made that much of a difference and I‘m still feeling really poorly.
The only improvement is, I can actually walk from my sofa in the living room to the kitchen to boil the kettle, (which I was unable to do last week) but I’m still struggling with my breathing & coughing loads. My chest is so noisy & tight, Stef has even nicknamed me ‘Wheezy’ from the little toy penguin off Toy Story that looses his squeaker!!

I’m still not sleeping well, getting about 3-4 hours a night at the moment if that, I’m so tired through the day but as soon as night comes, bam, wide awake and just can’t get my head down… Santa’s messaged me asking if he can use the bags under my eyes to transport all the toys on his sleigh on Christmas eve, I’ve kindly obliged.

Anyway, today I went back to hospital for my mid iv check and the ultrasound on my kidneys.
I saw my cf team first, my nurse‘s, dietician & then my consultant Nick, (who you would have seen on Love On The Transplant List documentary.) Luckily, my weight has remained the same as last week as I’ve kept up with eating, but my lungs have not improved at all, despite the iv’s and fungal treatment.  I would be due to come off the course next Thursday, but as I’m still struggling so much, Nick suggested to prolong the course for a following week so I can de access just before Christmas eve and then continue on some oral ciprofloxacin to try and keep me well enough to be able to enjoy Christmas day and at a push, New Years.

In between seeing my team, I had to keep drinking water to fill my bladder for the ultrasound, I was really looking forward to the prospect of peeing myself in front of everyone as the doctor pushed the scope onto my tummy!
We were about twenty minutes early for the scan but luckily, and rarely seen at hospitals, I was called in only a few minutes later, much to my bladders relief! I have my appointment with the renal consultant next Thursday so should get results from today, and past blood and urine samples taken last week all at the same time, which will be forwarded onto Harefield.

So for now it’s time to plod on and hope persevering with the iv’s help’s a little. As long as I keep my weight up and make sure I rest, especially after an outing, I should have the chance to be able to make the most of enjoying what is my favourite time of year…
 
As promised, here is a picture of my tattoo I had done last week. It was an early Christmas present from my husband, and only took 20 minutes. It was great to get out the house for an hour and feel a bit of pain that I actually enjoy!!


My New Ink (Number 13!)


It’s especially for my babies & I’m very happy with it, I’m already thinking about my next one in the new year….

Now, for a few happy things to tell you about!! I’m a bit of a tight ass when it comes to spending money on myself, I never really feel the need. I love buying gifts for friends and family, it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, but I never seem to want to spend money on me, other than my five weekly nail treatment which I‘ve had done for years now.


Christmas Nails :)

My lovely friend Ali tends to my nails. People that know me, will know there’s something wrong if my nails are looking a bit scruffy, and my mental, ace friend Jeanna tames my mane every six weeks or so, but other than that and a few ciders or vodkas here or there, I can’t remember the last time I bought new clothes, a cd or even make up...

So as well as trying to keep my lungs in as good a condition as possible over Christmas, Stefan persuaded me to have a few treatments next week in the run up to the festivities. Not that we have any plans on going out anywhere, but it can’t harm to not look like the back end of a bus all of the time!!
So that’s one thing I’m looking forward to, the appointment is at my house so I can be relaxed, and don’t have to go out in the cold.

My husband has two nights off after tonight, which I’m really excited about, we are going to have a few drinks tomorrow and try to let my hair down, hopefully a few friends will join us as it’s been so long since we’ve done anything like that and then we plan to have a lovely chill out duvet day on the Friday with lots of munch.

At least I have a few fun things planned this time instead of it just being iv’s, more med’s and keep your weight up Kimberley!!!

I have my next appointment for Harefield now too, a day clinic on 25th January so hopefully we’ll soon get a decision about what is going to happen in the New Year…

Hope your all enjoying the run up to Christmas, stay warm and take care for now.
‘Wheezy’ xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written blog, as always :)

    Keep writing x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that results on Thursday are okay when you see the renal consultant.
    I am looking forward to Christmas like you hope it goes well for you! Take it easy and enjoy it all, save your strength for the new year appointments. I recommend you eat lots of nice food,pamper yourself and have a great time in the company of your husband.Stay warm and stay happy :-)

    ReplyDelete