BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, 19 November 2019

To Live Is The Rarest Thing In The World, Most People Just Exist


Shit. Have I seriously not written since the Summer? How bad am I? Especially when I said I would try to be more consistent.

There isn't a cat in hells chance I can give you three months of updates, plus you'd be pretty fucking bored by the times I got to the end of September!! So I'll give you some 'highlights' then add the pretty pictures at the end just because I really can't be arsed to set it all out properly with it being the middle of the night and all.

We are ten months into living in our own home, my nephew Beau, is ten months old & walking! I would say I proberly am the healthiest PHYSICALLY (I would never say mentally because lets face facts I'm always going to be a total fuck up) I have been in the last 15 years of my life.

I had a recent trip to Harefield & my consultant was over the moon at my progress since my last visit. The TPN treatment that I started back in march seems to have done wonders for my body, with me actually absorbing all the vitamins & electrodes I so desperately craved. I have gained weight (which I am personally finding hard to accept) & have also kept any chest bugs at bay. I was told that I am looking incredibly healthy & not as fragile as I used to look which is of course nice to hear... I do have my CF clinic in Exeter first thing tomorrow morning so that's proberly why I am struggling with sleep tonight, I am not concerned anything bad will be said, but you do get bogged down with it all the constant blah.

I am back & forth to Torbay stoma clinic at the moment for treatments because the skin has become incredibly sore & broken down around Steve & I still have the ongoing issues of severe dehydration & blockages but I am here, I am doing what I can & the recent good reports suggest I should keep doing what I am doing!

So what have I been up to lately? Still enjoying the zoo on my Thursdays, long as I haven't had a bad night or the weather isn't completely shite... I have signed up to be an elf again during the Grotto season & am looking forward to all the festivities that go alongside ....

We have celebrated birthdays, big and small. Meals out, cosy nights in & even a wedding thrown into the mix.
Stefan surprised me with a trip to Crocodiles of the World again but this time I got to feed the Nile female crocodiles which was an awesome experience & one on my 'bucket' list that I have created as I wanted to really make some memories & tick off things that realistically I could do.

Stefan & I were invited & attended a ball with some very dear friends & it was all in aid of Harefield Hospital & the British Heart Foundation. It really gave us the chance to get out of our comfort zone & dress to the nines for a good cause & it was such a special evening, we won't soon forget. Stef himself has been doing brilliantly on his fitness & bodybuilding, he even got the title of 'Member of the Month' at his gym & is looking forward to more opportunities next year.

I have had some really nice trips out to the cinema with good friends, light lunches, & just quiet time in front of the TV with my sister & a mug of tea & chocolate.
I am really excited for the next few weeks & all the Christmas build up, Bristol & Bath Market, Christmas parties, The Holly Ball, lunches & lights. Watching my squish Beau enjoying it all for the first time is just insane & I don't think I even mentioned that I am going to be an Auntie again to his sister Madison, due in February! Very crazy times for everyone right now I imagine with 2019 drawing to a close...

One positive thing I can say for not writing in so long is not because I don't have the energy, it's because I am actually living. I take each day as it comes and yes I still get those where I can't even get out of bed & function let alone step outside the front door, but I have come on wonders in the last few months as have some special relationships & I am extremely grateful for that. I will leave you to those photo's now & update just before the big day to wish you all a Happy Holiday....

Thank you as always for reading, truly thankful xxx   



















No comments:

Post a Comment