BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, 17 May 2019

Groundhog Days.... Are Still Worth It


I am so crap at updating this for you, life is going by so quickly these days I just don't know what day we are in most of the time.



I am still on the TPN treatment, two months down the line & although frustrating at times, it has just become another daily routine in order for me to be around on this planet... I saw the specialist a fortnight ago & he wants me on it until September before we decide if it will be a permanent medicine regime. My cramps have improved, but my kidneys, surprisingly remain the same which I think they are disappointed with. (As am I)




Kaos' has come on leaps & bounds with his protocol. We have been able to have at least four complete strangers (to him) visit the house using his training technique & he has welcomed them with loving paws & his backside for you to rub after a few minutes.... I am so bloody proud of him. They have both settled in perfectly now & you can see they see the place as their forever home. We have already been here for four months but it just feels like it has always been our home. It's really weird that I don't miss the house that I lived for in eleven years, but the honest truth is that I haven't thought about it once... 



This little princess just turned two !


We have been up to a fair few things over the last few weeks.
Bmad (Charity bike event) has been & gone, which I attended on both days & the bike nights have started now throughout the Summer so Stef & I will be out with our brother in law for some rides, you won't be able to miss my Venom helmet! (Or nails...)





We went to Stefan's brothers fight night for support which he totally smashed, that was enjoyable to get dressed up & be out with all the family as we had VIP tables & it was the first time i had personally been to see Shane fight.





We've just celebrated my brothers 30th Birthday with a surprise BBQ (that went down well!) & of course I have been making some memories with good friends on days that I don't end up in A&E ;)
Random yoga sessions, pictures in a rapeseed field, watching my nephew & niece grow up, arcades & cream teas in the sunshine. 








I am really hoping the weather improves over the next few weeks before the all important events come up .... Stefan will be turning 30 years old in June, it'll be our 8 year wedding anniversary, I will hit the ripe old age of 36 & my lungs will be 7 towards the end of July! I say it all the time, but it never becomes any less significant. I cannot believe the extra time I have had here with all my family & friends. After all the problems with my stoma & kidneys I thought it may well be time to give up, but despite my resting bitch face & intolerable moods, I still cherish every living moment. To think within that 7 years we have our own little family (they maybe dogs, & skunks!) but animals are family too - Stefan has a great job, I have a very supportive hospital team, we both have incredible family members & friends & now we own our very own house. It is something that I never would have imagined for us a few years ago, but we made it. 

Cookie hit the media again....

Bane in the Rain...

Life isn't fucking easy either, there are times I wake up & think, not today, Stef has bad days, we don't talk, we yell, we take shit out on other people & have fall outs but we are extremely lucky at the end of the day & we work hard for what we have. No one can say otherwise. I battle every day to see the morning of the next day, I'd only need to stop one of my daily treatments to say goodbye, it really could be that easy. I see people struggle, especially more recently & it makes me fight all the more to want to carry on. I want BBQ's in our garden, trick or treaters at Halloween & to have the cosiest of Christmas's - I want that for years & years to come, but it can't be promised. Who knows what could happen around the corner... Until then I am just thankful I'll see tomorrow. 

 


Thank you for reading, understanding & all your support as always,

xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment