BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, 12 December 2018

So This Is Christmas.....


This is the first time I have had a few moments to myself without being out enjoying festivities or feeling the affects of jetlag since we returned home!

It's the 12th December, (Happy Birthday Dris & Kimmy) & we are well & truly stuck into our advents! We came home on the 30th November & the time has flown by so quickly, it seems our break was a forever ago. 

Our Heroes A Brave The Shave For Macmillian
 Basically, it was an adventure we will never forget in a hurry. We had a list of everything we wanted to try, & we pretty much succeeded - this was mainly food related! Ha!





 No, honestly, we took an hours ride on the horse carriage around Central Park, we went to the Zoo, we went to Madame Tussauds & watched the Rockefeller Tree switch on at the Plaza, which is a massive calendar date in the New York diary. Not only have I been privileged to see this once, but twice, both events being completely different, surreal & magical in their own ways. A memory that's close to my heart. 


Our Hotel Room Number - Fate <3



 We hit Macy's & I met Santa.... Stef found an Irish bar & found alcohol! We had our moments, as you do, "where do you wanna go, no where do you"... Oh hang on lets get lost in Central Park for three hours that would be cool. Believe me, there were a few "fuck you's" thrown! But over all, it was a life changing experience & one shared with my very best friend, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Since we have been back it has been all go - unfortunately not with the house however! If you are a home owner you will know that nothing goes smoothly & naively I thought it was all going swimmingly, has we have signed the draft contract & insurances are ready to activate. Sadly, the other side are not so ready, so it doesn't look as though we will be heaving any boxes until Mid January. 


 Never mind, another year & memories in the place I've called my home since 2009 & then we will be off!

As you know I adore Christmas & with everything going on lately I haven't been able to feel as festive up until now. My tree is up but I've tried not to go overboard just because of the ease of packing it up again when we do get the green light. Christmas Day is coming up, but we don't have a full on plan on what we are doing this year. What I love, enjoy the most, is the right here, now doing lots of things leading up to the end of the month.

 
I've been able to catch up with a few friends, especially ones I haven't seen in time. I've gone to the North Pole with my godchildren as a treat from their mum & dad... Sat on Santa's lap there too ! Been for a family Christmas carvery with Stefan's family including Nan, who rarely gets out the house because of health issues but it was lovely to see her. I'm resting today, but have the Zoo tomorrow then our Christmas party which I am buzzing for! It's been soooo long since I've had an actual Christmas party to go too, I am designated driver obviously but who needs booze when you live off Christmas spirit! 


 If anyone is taking their children to the Zoo this Saturday or next, to Santa's grotto, you may even see a familiar elf like face helping out the big man with his sack..... & then I have a lovely volunteers lunch planned next week with my crew to celebrate the festivities.

I love having little things to look forward to - it's what helps you get through all the shit you wade in day by day. It's a shame people think it's only suitable to do it around Christmas. I know everyone has their own lives to lead, but it really shouldn't take one arrangement every 12 months to see someone just because it's Christmas. 

  
This I imagine will be the last time I write now until the new year.
I am not going to go through all the verbal diarrhoea of how I've learnt a lot of lessons & disposed of some very venomous people in my life, (which is true, but I reckon we still have a few more we can kick out) I am here, still pretty much alive & kicking, mentally, you can decide where I am on the scale, I've given up! I get up & get on with the day, no matter what is thrown this way & I am still smiling. It's not what you are dealt but how you deal with it that is the key.

I'm leaving the year on a high.... I've made some incredible memories, at some point over the season, I will become an Auntie. I am going into the New Year as a home owner & I know deep down there are three amazing families I can count on whenever it is needed.

I truly wish you all have a magical Christmas whatever you decide to do, if this year hasn't been good for you, then I only hope the following can make up for it. Here's to 2019 & whatever it shall bring. We are ready for you xxx



Thank you for reading, it never goes under appreciated.
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year xxx

2 comments:

  1. You so deserve your times of happiness and so pleased that you have been able to spend some of those special times with your man because I know how difficult it can be to leave your furkids and do that sometimes....Keep smiling our beautiful friend and hope 2019 will be kind to you. Love you lots, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy amd Stefan love u both so glad u r making happy memories together you deserve to be happy xxx

      Delete