Good evening guys ! So the
anniversaries and birthdays went pretty quickly, I finally turned that ripe old
age of 35 & enjoyed every moment of it.
I had lots of little
celebrations here & there with different people, friends, family, in-laws
etc & ate a lot!!
Breakfasts, Afternoon
Teas, BBQ's & a full on, trimmings & all, Christmas Dinner. Yes you
read correctly, it was the sweetest idea & the effort that my friends had
gone to was unreal.
On my actual birthday, Stefan & I went to visit Bristol Zoo. He made me do
the Zooropia thing because I was 35 & I was told to combat my fear of
heights, it didn't, but I did make it & I didn't need help getting down (Think
it was more the fact I had a 7 year old on my ass, so I couldn't help but race
around) I made it safely back down & swiftly took Stefan towards the face
paints tent for his 'challenge'.
![]() |
| My Birthday Siamese Fighter, Eden <3 |
It was a lovely day, finished
off with a takeaway at home & my brother & sister in law dropping my
beautiful home made (By my brother) croc cake in! I was very proud of this as
he gets stuck boiling an egg!
I had my Birthday tattoo, which took a little more time to heal than usual because of the heat wave we are having I have been struggling with keeping hydrated & my kidneys have misbehaved, so they are as usual, keeping a close eye on me.
![]() |
| Yondu - Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 |
Last week the Zoo held a staff / volunteer BBQ which a couple of us went to & had a lovely
evening just sat in the sun & getting to know each other a bit more. The
big event for the Zoo went really well, with introducing the new Komodo Dragon
to her amazing new enclosure & I was really proud to be apart of that,
however small my role. I will be observing her behaviour this Thursday for a
couple of hours so if you fancy coming to see her, make sure you book your
tickets!
I will also be walking in the Paignton Carnival procession this coming Wednesday for the Zoo giving out bits & pieces to the crowd, so if you are about I may see you ....
![]() |
| Jadis - Curly Hair Tarantula |
So before I go, this Thursday, the 26th July. I will be celebrating 6 whole years with this amazing lungs. I don't have any plans, it's my volunteer day at the Zoo & then I would imagine it'll be a very quiet night in front of the box watching Love Island!
![]() |
| My Clam Shell Scar From Double Lung Transplant 26/07/2012 |
My lungs. What can I say. I can't fault them in anyway - especially the last
two years, having had to go through all the stomach problems, the kidneys
failing & the stoma blockages. They have got me through everything. I am in
awe of how they have kept me going when the rest of my body just wanted to
crash. I'm now 35, would never have been seen back in the 80's when I was born,
and I have managed to keep them 'almost' infection and damage free.
The NHS recently turned
70, I didn't put up a post that date but I sure as hell thought of them. Every
single one, from the surgeons that have saved my life, the Culm nurses
squeezing my hands, the cleaners telling me I look a little better today, everyone
that works for them, you do a tremendous job & you should be so proud.
Words are never enough.
To my donor, six years down the line, I can remember each minute exactly, from the car journey to waiting on the bed and the trolley ride down, not knowing if I will ever see my husbands face again. You & your family made the most heartbreaking but completely selfless, rewarding decision ever that day & I just wish there was a way I could prove to you, I got you.
I'm doing all I can to make you proud of me, even on my bad days, I get out of bed & find something worth doing because I know you wouldn't want it wasted. When I come across rude, arrogant people I bite my tongue because it's just not worth the agro to get into something I know you wouldn't want me to. I will treat people always with respect & how I would want to be treated, it's not always reciprocated, but that's their problem not mine, and I just need to remember to rise above.
Thank you my hero, for these last six years, half a dozen I would never of survived if it weren't for you. I have lived, and will keep on doing so, until our time is no longer. Rest in peace, I am always thinking of you & the flame is always burning.........
To my donor, six years down the line, I can remember each minute exactly, from the car journey to waiting on the bed and the trolley ride down, not knowing if I will ever see my husbands face again. You & your family made the most heartbreaking but completely selfless, rewarding decision ever that day & I just wish there was a way I could prove to you, I got you.
I'm doing all I can to make you proud of me, even on my bad days, I get out of bed & find something worth doing because I know you wouldn't want it wasted. When I come across rude, arrogant people I bite my tongue because it's just not worth the agro to get into something I know you wouldn't want me to. I will treat people always with respect & how I would want to be treated, it's not always reciprocated, but that's their problem not mine, and I just need to remember to rise above.
Thank you my hero, for these last six years, half a dozen I would never of survived if it weren't for you. I have lived, and will keep on doing so, until our time is no longer. Rest in peace, I am always thinking of you & the flame is always burning.........
![]() |
| For You xxx |
Thank you for reading, it never goes under appreciated. xxx














No comments:
Post a Comment