Things have been mega biz
over the last month I can't even tell you just how crazy it's been or how
drained I feel!
This weekend just gone was the first I have been able to touch down & just take a breather, we've had glorious weather & Stefan had the weekend off too so we were able to spend some much needed quality time & celebrate his 29th Birthday!
This weekend just gone was the first I have been able to touch down & just take a breather, we've had glorious weather & Stefan had the weekend off too so we were able to spend some much needed quality time & celebrate his 29th Birthday!
![]() |
| Saturday 23rd June 2018 |
Things haven't gone to
plan today surprise. surprise so whilst still in bed waiting for any action to
happen, (blocked stoma) I thought I'd use the time I can write in-between
cramps to update you!
As usual I'll start with the shit 'bits' quite literally. I have been having regular blockages now for the last couple weeks, I know this is more than likely due to the weather & how hot it has been & also a lot to do with stress my body has been put under. It's all well & good trying to tell me to keep up with those fluids but I'd like to see anyone else try to drink two litres of liquidised semen throughout the day to keep blockages at bay!! - It's bloody hard work, but I'm going to have to try my hardest to stick it out else I'm going to have one pretty crappy Summer....
My chest (touch wood)
seems to be doing well, I do get really breathless on occasions, I think this is
mainly when I am over tired. I am just thankful my lungs have been so rock
steady, allowing me to move another Harefield trip along a bit, love catching
up with all the guys but the travelling is an absolute ball ache when I have so
much equipment to take with me.
So lets get on with the
more exciting bits!
My own little hobby, Kim's Critter (on Fb) has been keeping me on my toes. I
have had about six / seven clutches so far from my Royal Pythons this year
& just have one more female to lay, her due date is tomorrow in fact. I have had the biggest number of females lay,
my biggest clutch laid at 11 eggs! & also my first ever royal die because
of complications. This was heartbreaking as I grew her from a baby but nature
is nature & that is part of the risk if you are going to try anything like
this. I have one little egg from that clutch which is due to hatch the day
before my Birthday, whatever it is, I am inclined to keep - so her legacy lives
on.
![]() |
| Baby Groot |
![]() |
| Hela & Babies |
![]() |
| Negan, Bold Jumping Spider |
I have added a few more
spiders & scorpions to the collection & even a Giant Giraffe Beetle who
isn't so Giant so he is named Baby Groot & is the cutest little bug you'll
ever see!!
I chose my new 'big' Asian Jungle Scorpion wisely as she was super fat &
had a inkling she'd be pregnant, a few weeks later, boom .... Baby scorplings!
August / September is going to be a busy one for me with babies everywhere!! I
think that pretty much sums up the Critters. Other than when I am out, I have
been spending lots of cuddle time with my dogs & skunks. They are really
enjoying my company recently, in their soppy stages wanting mummy all the time
so I love it!
The Zoo has been fab (when
I have been able to attend)
Today unfortunately hasn't
gone to plan as I would have been there at 8am but Steve had other plans... I feel awful when I can't get in,
it's something I am really
enjoying so hate to think I'm loosing time there. I am still volunteering as a
visitor experience guide, but during the mornings until my duties are finished,
I am helping out the LVI team (reptiles / inverts etc) with keeper support. this
is what I feel I am missing out in particular on but I think it's just bad
timing with getting used to the weather & a stoma again. It's been a dream
come true getting a placement there, the staff are fabulous on the VEG team
& I am really looking forward to getting to know the LVI crew more
throughout the Summer. I have my own station to help with at the moment because
the department is so busy, there is always things to do & throughout my
time on the team I will hopefully progress throughout different skill sets
& learn a lot on the way!!
![]() |
| Sunday 24th June 2018 |
![]() |
| Being Brave |
This week is still a
little busy for me, more so than it would be normally, but once that's out the
way I then get to wind down & celebrate a week before turning 35!!!
Warning : - bit of a melt paragraph coming up .....
Next Friday (6th July) I
will be turning 35 - I actually can't believe it & my eyes are tearing up
as I type. I think this is proberly even more of a celebration to me that last
years five years with transplanted lungs...
After all I have overcome
the last 35 years it's pretty shocking that I am still here to fight another
day, let alone for the first time in years, be as active & as well looking
as I currently am.
I have my issues yes, I
have my bad days & believe me when I am trying to fight my demons, nothing
will get through to me to find anything remotely positive about my life or
anything in it. But this. This sure is something to be proud of. When I was
born they didn't think I'd make it through birth in Bristol, then we were told
12 years & then again 21. When I was at end stage CF life, clinging on
waiting for a new pair of lungs, I
didn't really believe I would get them, and since then, losing my entire bowel
contents & being a worlds first pain the ass ' I don't know what the fuck
you have, we can't do anything for you patient', I am truly speechless that I
will actually be 5 years away from a 40 year old. What even the fuck.
Of course, I will be
celebrating this with another beautiful portrait added to ones leg - Yondu,
from Guardians of the Galaxy for those that are curious.... ;) the following
day I have a surprise afternoon with one of my best friends & godchildren
& on my actual birthday the hubby & I are going to ..................
you guessed it, Bristol Zoo!!!! Where else would I rather be than spend time
with some animals?!
![]() |
| My Rock |
I just want to say a
massive thank you before I go to those who have followed my journey, supported
me, became an old friend & a fresh new one (lots of fun to had there) to
everyone that willed me to fight & still picks me up when I am down. I hope
you all have a lovely week. Enjoy the sun & don't forget the lotion!
xxxxxxx














No comments:
Post a Comment