Christmas & New Year
has gone by in less than a blink once again & we are well on the way into a
very cold January...
I think 2017 was a pretty
shit year by all accounts for many people I know, but it was also very
significant in other ways too. My low & high lights were, the fact we had
just received a settlement after a battle since 2014 with a Plymouth scaffolding company that left a pole up against my
door when they were working outside. I, unbeknown to this, opened the door
& it fell on me injuring my right lung & abdomen. They of course said I
was lying, but after doctors notes, physical photo evidence & a bloody good
lawyer they finally settled before it was taken to court in January of last
year. Unfortunately it wasn't a life changing sum of money, but it did go
towards my celebration later on in the year....
This time last year I was
on Culm ward battling with my stomach problems. (which are obviously still
ongoing & I am actually going to see my surgeon tomorrow morning along with
my CF team & stoma nurses.) I'd spent NYE in hospital & then the
following two months where they finally agreed to operate & I had my
subtotal colectomy. Removal of my large intestine, colon & rectum which has
left me with a permanent stoma - Happy Birthday Steve!
It wasn't all bad though,
in July, as previously mentioned, I held the most amazing bash with the money
awarded to me for the scaffolding accident to celebrate five years with my
transplanted lungs!! It was a night I know I will never ever forget.
Then just before Christmas
crept upon us, my sister & I went on a four night trip to New York City, the trip of a lifetime. The break itself saved
for & paid by myself, but the MASSIVE insurance bill covered by the amazing
family, friends & followers I have all around me. I can't thank you enough
for being so generous & making a dream come true.
As I said, Christmas went
pretty quickly & I have been suffering with my depression immensely the
last couple of months. With that being said, I did have a lovely Christmas lunch
cooked for us by my brother & his newly wed wifey!
Now we are well into the
new year my depression is still an issue. I think that it has a lot to do with
the fact I don't have anything at all planned this year to look forward to.
Everyone needs something fun to look forward to right? So if you are reading
this & have any ideas of fun that can be had in 2018 hit me up! If you want
to do something with me, even better!
I really do need to suck
this shit up though. At least I spent Christmas & New Year in my own home
& got to see my family. A lot of friends at the moment are going through
extra hard times & it doesn't seem to be letting up. I really hope things
improve for them & they get to enjoy what this new year has to offer, I
don't think it can be any worse than the last....
I think those 'ahh, we must catch up, grab a coffee' moments are most certainly needed for this year. Actually follow up on people's invites, make some amazing memories & hold those you love near....
Wherever you were, I hope
you enjoyed the festivities & I really do wish you all the very best in
love, luck, health & happiness in 2018 Thank you so much for your ongoing
support.
Thank you for reading as
always xxx








No comments:
Post a Comment