BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, 4 December 2017

New York - The City That Never Sleeps



I'm not doing very well with this keeping you up to date ting.
The experience of a life time has been and gone within a blink and I have the holiday blues already...

I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to every single person that helped me get over to New York with my sister for a short break last week, I had literally the time of my life & I would go back tomorrow if I could!

Funny thing is, I hate cities, I don't like busy places, and hundreds of people intimidate the fuck out of me. However, in Times Square, I felt completely different, really safe & relaxed almost. 

The Rockerfeller Tree Being Set Up

Central Park

Off to watch Wicked
 The flight there was an absolute nightmare, unfortunately, an hour after take off my stoma became severely blocked and stayed that way for about six and a half hours. I had to make myself urge by sticking my fingers down my throat to force the blockage out, I was in so much pain and tears, I really thought it was going to be the start of a disaster in America. I somehow managed (again) to unblock it without any hospital intervention. We got onto the transfer bus & arrived at our hotel, just after 4pm New York time. 

The Night Hotel

Ghostbusters

Our Bed

A Treat!
 The hotel was beautiful, absolutely made for me, black and white design, photo's everywhere of sexy tattooed models doing naughty things, very sexy and chic, they treated us very well too with a few little extras here and there throughout the stay.

All we seemed to do was think about food, eat food, think about where we were eating next.... The places we visited were just amazing, I really wish they had some of the restaurants over here!! I wanted to be adventurous too, so tried seafood, (which I never eat) Crab, shrimps, Maine lobster & fried catfish - all soooo good!

Pancakes, Bacon & Maple Syrup

Smore

Fried Catfish

Duck Fat Fries

I think one of the best things I ate were my triple cooked duck fat fries, with Monterey jack cheese and fried duck skin - don't think I'd have much of a problem with my calorie intake if they were over here!!

We visited Central Park Zoo, Bryant Park, Macy's, Madam Tussauds , not forgetting my trip to NY Beetle house, the Tim Burton inspired restaurant - being interrupted by Emily (Corpse Bride) and Sweeney Todd was pretty dam cool....

Corpse Bride

Beetle House NY

Sweeney
 I spent a small fortune, well other than on food, my spending money went on Hershays & Dylan's Candy Bar, Disney & Marvel bits, Christmas decorations for the tree & a Pop Hero or five....

Not forgetting our very special day on the Wednesday, being part of the audience at The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon... We got to high five his sweaty little hand & ride the elavator with Kurt from famous band, The Roots.

Love

One...


At our hotel, ready for Beetle House

Two....
 Afterwards, we were whisked down as VIP's for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting & Christmas Party, it was very posh!!! Not something either of us were prepared for, I was in leggings and a Christmas jumper! We had a bite to eat , then my stoma started playing up again so the police escorted us out, whisked us through the million, yes million! People that were all in the street for the celebration, and we got back to our hotel to watch the rest of it. Unfortunately the pain from the blockage was ridiculous again, I finally got it moving and was out like a light leaving my sister to watch the rest of the lighting on her own. That was my only really bad night over than the flight home. 

M&M Store


Times Square
 We watched Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre on Broadway, one of my favourite evenings, I would love to see some more live shows. Think it really helped our seats were third from the stage! There is so much to tell you I could go on forever but I don't want to bore you tonight... I'm going to stick some photo's up, a few favourites of mine, I doubt they will be in any order so please forgive me but I am so tired and my body clock is a bit fucked from the jet lag!!

VIP's

Ellen's Stardust

Three....
 Without a single doubt, I can honestly tell you it was worth every penny saved, pushing through the pain and walking the seven to thirteen miles a day ! I was so so proud of myself.

I would go back in a heartbeat as there was so much to do, but not much time to do it in. I would recommend it to anyone. If my luck continues, I would even try my very best to go again a year or two down the line but it would take a lot of saving and I would have to be prepared for that. For the moment, I will keep shaking my New York snow globe and reminisce at all the pictures taken.....

Four...

Thor!

Times Square

The Rockerfeller Selfie - sisters



 Every minute cherished..... Thank you <3


Thank you for reading as always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment