I honestly don't know
where to start since I last wrote to you all so bare with me, I will try to
keep it as short as possible so you don't get bored of my dribble!
I guess unless you are
friends with me on Facebook or via other social media, you would have thought
that Steve the stoma would have been tucked nicely back inside me now &
things were on the up. I only wish I could be writing that update to you now...
![]() |
| Crumble Cuddles |
Unfortunately during the
admittance of my scheduled reversal, they found I had a very bad blockage in my
small & large intestine. Over the four days they tried several methods of
unblocking, none of these worked & it was looking likely that Steve was here to stay for a while longer. I did go down to theatre as planned, but only to have a camera
look inside both my stoma & up my arse intto my colon!
As nothing went to plan, I was discharged late on
the Friday with hopes that my CF team would discuss with other medical bigwigs
& be in touch...
After a few days, I went for more bloods expecting nothing but a text to possibly alter my immuneo suppressant dose. I was enjoying a nice day out with my sister, a spot of lunch & then a cinema trip, when I was told to call my CF nurse straight away. I had to sneak out of the movie & was told to pack and go up to my ward as soon as possible as my CKD (chronic kidney disease) was playing up yet again. Once I was admitted, my consultant then told me about the urgency of getting my bowl unblocked. I was put on more fluids & over the course of a few days had several enemas & laxative drugs 'attempted' to be put down my stoma. I also had a procedure to show the radiologist where the blockage was. They were only able to get four centimetres down my stoma & two foot up my butt so the blockage itself is a massive 6 to 10 foot long!!!!
After a few days, I went for more bloods expecting nothing but a text to possibly alter my immuneo suppressant dose. I was enjoying a nice day out with my sister, a spot of lunch & then a cinema trip, when I was told to call my CF nurse straight away. I had to sneak out of the movie & was told to pack and go up to my ward as soon as possible as my CKD (chronic kidney disease) was playing up yet again. Once I was admitted, my consultant then told me about the urgency of getting my bowl unblocked. I was put on more fluids & over the course of a few days had several enemas & laxative drugs 'attempted' to be put down my stoma. I also had a procedure to show the radiologist where the blockage was. They were only able to get four centimetres down my stoma & two foot up my butt so the blockage itself is a massive 6 to 10 foot long!!!!
![]() |
| A Gift In Hospital From My Hubby |
After trying an oil based
enema on the Thursday evening, a few hours later I was in unbearable pain - my
nurses called Stefan back up at about 11pm & I had morphine dose after morphine dose as they held my hands & tried to calm me down. It was agony, Stef
left around 1am but I didn't get a wink of sleep. Nothing came of
the enema, so I was allowed to go home again Friday late afternoon with the
team having to have further discussions about what to do....
Which brings us to today. I
am currently on three litres of St Marks Solution every day which isn't giving me much
time off the peg feed machine at all. Even with all this fluid going in and drinking as normal, my CKD is
still slowly raising each time I have my bloods done. I am seeing a lady next
Tuesday, she is going to come to my house to save hospital admittance & she will
try colonic irrigation. I am, if I am honest, really quite worried about this.
One) because I really don't want anything else shoved up my arse, b) I will
have no pain killers and I am panicking about the pain, especially since last week & option d) because I really am fucked off to the back
teeth of all this shit.
People keep saying, "Wow
Kim! People pay a lot of money for that procedure!" Yes, they may do, but literally, fuck
off - I'd like to see the TOWIE lot go through 3 months of this bollocks, I can
think of much better ways to spend a ridiculous amount of money... So there we
go. Until Tuesday, I am just plodding on, we will see if this ass wash will
work (after everything beforehand has failed) If it does, amazing, I'll eat my own
toenails, but if not, I think the only option will be extremely
invasive surgery which I really can't afford to have...
Especially at the moment.
Stef, bless his heart has been struggling with a really bad cold that seems to
have gone on to his chest. We have done our absolute best to keep me from catching it, I have avoided him
at all costs, barely seen him, either being out the house or in separate
rooms. However, my sister & her partner have it too, as does my brother
& his partner, and Jack and Jim.... So the fucking obvious has happened
& I have caught the lurgy and am kicking myself for feeling so rough and
wishing at the same time my lungs aren't affected badly... Why? Literally throw something else my way! Please!
Wow what a big fucking moan that was.... I am sorry, I absolutely hate feeling this way, seems all I do at the moment is shit on about my poor health when I am usually so so positive.
Wow what a big fucking moan that was.... I am sorry, I absolutely hate feeling this way, seems all I do at the moment is shit on about my poor health when I am usually so so positive.
I guess I just like things
to go my way, and since July, well, they really haven't. It's been one thing
after the other & I am not coping well at all. Friends around me are really
poorly, I lost a very good friend only just last month & our beautiful nephew
Jack is back in hospital fighting pneumonia. I want to kick myself when I catch
myself moaning about what's going on with me when other people are struggling
so much themselves. Life is extremely unfair & 2016 has not been a year I
want to remember if I am honest!!
Stefan & I are going through the hardest time we have ever fought together. Don't ask me why, after a double lung transplant and then actual heart & kidney failure, some people would find this a walk in the park, but it's the not knowing of what will happen, the fact that we are three almost four months on! The fact that all my medical team have spoken to other hospitals up and down the country & yet no one has come across this before, they are going in completely blind and just trying to do their best for me, but nothing seems to be working and I am getting all the more fed up.
Somebody even said to me that it must be embarrassing for me. Well, in all honesty, I've not thought once about the 'embarrassment' of having a stoma since I got Steve. I mean so may people have to go through having one with unexpected blockages or history of Crohns disease etc. I did sit for a minute and think wow, is it really bad? Should I be hiding away?
I haven't worn make up now for the best part of three months, well since I had the operation. My hair is always clipped up & I am mainly wearing pj's or comfy lounge clothes. I don't feel pretty or as glamourous as I once did, I can't put my finger on it as to why but it's really having an impact on me. Hopefully in time this will improve? Who knows....
Stefan & I are going through the hardest time we have ever fought together. Don't ask me why, after a double lung transplant and then actual heart & kidney failure, some people would find this a walk in the park, but it's the not knowing of what will happen, the fact that we are three almost four months on! The fact that all my medical team have spoken to other hospitals up and down the country & yet no one has come across this before, they are going in completely blind and just trying to do their best for me, but nothing seems to be working and I am getting all the more fed up.
Somebody even said to me that it must be embarrassing for me. Well, in all honesty, I've not thought once about the 'embarrassment' of having a stoma since I got Steve. I mean so may people have to go through having one with unexpected blockages or history of Crohns disease etc. I did sit for a minute and think wow, is it really bad? Should I be hiding away?
I haven't worn make up now for the best part of three months, well since I had the operation. My hair is always clipped up & I am mainly wearing pj's or comfy lounge clothes. I don't feel pretty or as glamourous as I once did, I can't put my finger on it as to why but it's really having an impact on me. Hopefully in time this will improve? Who knows....
I have some piccies for
you of the animals as always, hopefully you haven't closed down the window yet
and scrolled down just in case I added some! I have lots of royal python
hatchlings I am weaning on & will be available for new homes if anyone
would like one! I have given my froggy a new home & the dogs & skunks
are looking after me most days....
![]() |
| Raines New Live Plant Enclosure |
![]() |
| Hatchlings I Have Had This Year |
![]() |
| Two New Gorgeous Snakes For Future Plans! |
We are fast approaching
Halloween and I can't wait as I am dressing up and going to Dartmoor Zoo with
my sister, I just hope this is going to be a possibility what with everything
going on.... Until then, I will take each day as it comes, I have decorated the
house (much to Stef's disgust) & am stuffing my face with Halloween themed
goodies when I can get my hands on them!!!
I just want to say a big
thank you to people that have sent me cards , gifts & beautiful supportive
messages, it really does mean a lot & I hope that I can get back on track
& start being more positive really soon! Thank you once again and so sorry
for the rant, I need my smile back....
| We Celebrated Bo's Second Birthday!!! |
![]() |
| Cookie |
Much love xxx










No comments:
Post a Comment