Since coming back home I have been able to catch up with a couple of friends here & there, meet & make some lovely new ones too... I have been extremely careful with seeing people out & avoided really crowded spaces, also friends that I had plans to meet, if they were poorly would soon let me know & we postponed until a time it was safe again. I have gone for a few walks & certainly used my legs a hell of a lot, I keep getting cramps in my left leg which is incredibly painful but no pain no gain! I feel ok in myself, although I get extremely tired very easily these days, by the early evening I am exhuasted & soon as my head hits the pillow I don't remember a thing... I am hoping this is the lack of sleep I had in harefield & it's all just catching up with me. My lung function remains pretty much the same, no higher yet no significant drop which is why I haven't stressed out & called them. I am back there at clinic the day after tomorrow, feeling a little anxious but trying to remain positive. I have my hubbys birthday to look forward to at the end of June & then all my celebrations in July so really hoping they will be pleased with me & providing I don't over do things, give me a break to be able to enjoy the next few weeks at least......
We have just had the last May Bank Holiday of 2013 & on Sunday, I was exactly 10 months post my double lung transplant. I just can't believe how quickly the time as flown. I felt quite teary in the morning, just completely overwhelmed at how I still can't comprehend on all that has happened. I thought about my wonderful hero & his family all day, without him I wouldn't have had such a lovely day with my husband.... Stefan & I thought we would take a drive to Teignmouth as we never visit the place & thought it would be something different to do. The weather was very nice for a change, sun was shining, just a little breezy with the wind but we packed up some drinks, a pork baguette each & some sweeties & off we went. It was really nice & quiet as we strolled around the green & pier, we took a few silly photo's & then went for a walk along the beach / train track. It felt great to be able to walk a good distance again & stretch my legs & I was clearing a lot of crap from my lungs. It was the first time we had spent quality husband & wife time talking & having a laugh other than the usual mundane at home stuff you do... I just love having days like that. We laid out my blanket on the green & tucked into our snacks & had a quiet chill out for a bit & then moved on to Torquay. Stef will be turning 24 on the 20th June & he's desperate for new trainers (he hasn't had any for almost 2 years which for people that know Stef well is just amazing considering he used to buy a pair every other week or so!) I said I would get him a new outfit for his birthday so we headed to JD & it didn't take him long to find what he wanted... He managed to get a whole outfit too including t shirt & jumper type top with shorts & his new high top trainers thanks to some sale mark ups :) I came away with a very happy husband & although he knows what his birthday gifts are I'd much rather he be happy with them & what he wanted than me to waste money on crap I guessed at! He won't be wearing them until his actual birthday though, mark my words they are still boxed & bagged!!
Stuck In A 4x4
Stefan & I On Teignmouth Pier
My Gorgeous Man In
His New Birthday Threads
We walked around the town for a bit although it did start getting quite busy by this time, as it was late afternoon we decided to head home & chill out for the evening in front of the box, I needed to do all my treatments & meds & by this time I was again shattered, so it was just what we both needed. Bank Holiday Monday the weather was disgusting again, so we just pottered around at home as we had a few bits & pieces to do, I bathed a few snake babies as we have a lot in shed at the moment & just general 'housework' duties.
Taking My Speedboat Out For A Spin
My Handsome Husband
I hope to be able to come back & report some good news after Thursday & be able to catch up with more friends in the next few weeks... Without over doing it, I want to be able to try & get my stamina up abit more, especially my lung function so I am able to enjoy what I hope will be an amazing couple of weeks in June / July.
Me, Exactly 10 Months Post Double Lung Transplant
26 May 2013
Thank you as always for taking the time to read, I hope you have a great week xxx







You are Both Always on our minds lovely, stay strong, get Fit, Get Fat xxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteIncredibly proud of how far you've come so far, sending hugs and positive vibes. xx
ReplyDelete