BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, 19 April 2012

A Very Lucky & Smile Filled Day…

After the last few weeks of sad blogs, struggling with news of friends passing, finding it hard to cope with my infections and just feeling completely down I have some excellent positive news to share with you all.
This doesn’t mean that I don’t stop thinking about the family and friends that are still finding things so difficult, and that I’m still grieving myself…
But I’m actually extremely pleased for once that I can write about something I am smiling about, so much so it feel likes I’ve slept with a coat hanger in my mouth!!!! I haven’t slept for the last few nights but I think I am writing this blog on pure adrenaline from today’s non stop good news.

Firstly, my wonderful hubby passed his bike test. He passed his module one a few weeks ago but still had his module two to pass, we didn’t tell anyone about the exam and tried to have an early night which turned out to be the worst idea ever, as I don’t think either of us slept a whole hour the entire night… He had to be there for 8am today and I was up when he was, I didn’t hear from him until 11am and felt sick with nerves all morning. (Mainly because I didn’t want a grumpy, disappointed husband to spend the afternoon with!!!) However, it was clear I had nothing to worry about, he rang me with the news that he passed with only one minor. I could tell by the tone in his voice he was absolutely ecstatic and it made my heart skip with just how happy he was. I felt he truly deserved it as he works so hard with everything he puts his heart and soul into. Now he can finally ride his pride and joy (picture below) and it won’t be long before I can join him on the back too, once I save for a nice pink and black helmet!! I used to ride on the backs of my friends bikes all the time years ago and cant wait to get on one again, with my backpack of O2 on the go to of course… Congratulations sweetheart, I really am so proud of you. Xxx

Stiffs Pride & Joy (besides me & the babies of course)


A few hours later I had a phone call from the Willow Foundation.
My CF nurse and I had filled out an application a few weeks back, for a ‘dream come true’ day out and they were already on the phone confirming my treat!!! Myself & Stefan will be travelling on the train by first class from our little town to London in just a fortnights time, we get to stay in a hotel for the night and a car will drop us off and pick us up from seeing our idol Professor Green at the O2 Academy in concert!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am for this, I feel so lucky that they have granted my wish and really can’t be thankful enough.

I have attached a picture below of him, as I’m sure many of you reading this will know who he is you won’t believe the amount of people (friends should I say) that have asked, who is Professor Green??? I am soooo excited, words cannot describe, if it isn’t enough, having a hotel stay away from everything with my husband means so much to me right now and to top it all we get to see one of our favourite music artists on concert, I think you can safely say I am buzzing!! I will be sure to tell you all about it and include pictures I can take of our trip!!!!

The Man Himself, Professor Green!!


So wow, two exciting things to happen to us in the short space of a few hours you wouldn’t think anything else could go right would you??
Well, it just so happens that Stefan went for an interview today to go back to day work. All though he won’t be with me through the day, I do find I’m more vulnerable at night and through the day it is far more easier to call upon people if I need help rather than say, 2am in the morning… I have also spoken to my CF nurse which we will discuss further next week when I see the team and I should be able to get hospital transport and help with all my iv’s changes and clinic appointments whilst Stef is at work. His interview was at 3pm and he rang me fifteen minutes later to say he had the job. I couldn’t believe it, again, by his voice he was so made up. I know it is the right decision for us all round, we just weren’t coping with him on nights all ways rounds and this is the start of new beginnings I am sure…

He is at work for the next five nights so we haven’t even been able to celebrate and won’t for a while further but he starts his new job a week on Monday. Weekdays, no weekend work unless it’s offered and you want it, no evenings or night’s and no bank holidays!! Maybe we’ll be actually able to have a little social life again…. I know he is really happy with the outcome and to be honest I think it’ll be better for me again too. No more wide awake at stupid hours of the night, not being able to sleep, and never being able to feel like I can call people for help because of the time. I cannot believe the way today has turned out. I’m not a religious person but I really feel like today someone has looked down on us and I feel so grateful.
Now, I’m just waiting for those shiny lungs and we can really make a start of our new beginnings together….

Before I go I just want to mention some special fundraising that is taking place all in honour of Cystic Fibrosis!!! My good friend Hayley and her ten year old daughter Kaci are going on a 16km walk on the 29th April in aid of CF. Here is Kaci’s Just Giving Page… http://www.justgiving.com/Kaci-Prescott If you can sponsor anything it would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, my sister Lauren has again lost her mind and doing a sky dive at 15,000ft in aid of CF in the Summer time!! Her link is as follows, http://www.justgiving.com/Lauren-Hutchinson0 Please donate whatever you can, no matter how small it’s all for an amazing cause….

To sum up, April 19th has been a very good day, whether or not I will be able to sleep is a different matter but all I know at this precise moment is I’ll be going to bed with a huge smile on my face….

Smiley Sweetdreams!!!
 
Thank you for reading… xxx

3 comments:

  1. So happy to read all this good news in one post, you must be so happy! Congrats to Stefan for passing his bike test and getting a new job:)I really hope that things continue to make your lives better while you wait for your call.
    Enjoy Prof Green, and your night in London sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really pleased to hear all of your good news :) Well done to Stefan on passing his bike test & getting a new job. And I hope you have a fantastic time in London seeing Professor Green.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is so lovely glad every thing is going well for you guys at the mo <3

    ReplyDelete