BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, 9 April 2012

Update & RIP Angel…

I apologise for not writing in a while, it’s been one of those weeks where life takes over and time passes you by in a blink. You don’t know what day it is or what you had for tea yesterday.

My lungs were fairly well behaved (as much as they can be when your on oxygen and iv’s 24/7) for the rest of Stef’s holiday and when we could, we tried to make the most of it with a few outings away from the house.

On Wednesday evening we went over to one of my oldest friends in Dartmouth for a lovely take away and catch up. It was nice to get out of an evening, as this is rarely done and it really took my mind off everything going on lately. The food was amazing and the company even better, we barely noticed the time passing us by… So thank you so much Bex & Chris for having us around, can’t wait for an afternoon out on your boat and a bbq when the weather gets better again!!!

Another trip we had out was visiting the Plymouth Marine life centre, unfortunately for us we picked a day in half term, and it was soooo busy. As I was in my chair, we had to skip a lot of displays and tanks as I just couldn’t get near them, there was screaming kids everywhere… I love children, but not on days like that. We literally did the walk around in forty minutes when it should have been a lot longer! Luckily we have a free pass next time so will be going back when the kids are at school and maybe when the sun is shining so it can be as quiet as possible!!! The rest of the time we just enjoyed each others company and had lots of snake cuddles. I was gutted when Stef went back to work last night, time off goes far too fast!!

My chest has really gone down hill in the last few day’s, I think I maybe even coming down with a cold as my nose is constantly running and blocked. I have been struggling to breathe and walk into the kitchen and toilet so I know it’s that time again where all I can do is rest, and Stef does pretty much everything. Going out is a chore and I’m exhausted when I get back. I have Exeter again this Wednesday and am changing iv’s over to Temocillin, so cross fingers they make a difference quite sharpish. I am yet to have an appointment through about the new ‘problem’ arisen a few weeks back.

Now, it really saddens me to close this blog with the passing of yet another friend in such a short time from when I wrote about Stu. Unlike Stuart, Mark or ‘Chappers’ as he was very well known, did not have CF, and nor was he a facebook friend. A week ago today, this evening in fact, our Chappers was suddenly taken from us in a tragic car accident. (A big reason why I haven’t blogged until now) He was one of the nicest guys you could have ever met, we had a lot of fun times together and made many memories which I shall keep close to my heart. The whole of our little town has been completely rocked with shock and devastation, and no one can quite believe what has happened.

I knew his family very well, and can’t comprehend what they are going through right now. All I can say is that I am thinking of Mark and them everyday, and if they ever need anything, I am right here.
I have said to Stefan that I want to pay my respects at his funeral, no matter how badly my lungs are behaving, he deserves a good send off and I know his family and all of his mate’s will be there to make sure that happens.
You were a great friend, that cheeky smile would light up the room.



Sweet dream’s Chappers, heaven truly has gained one hell of an angel.

Thank you for reading… xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment