Really hope it’s a good one for me and many of my friends and family.
New Years Eve was unexpectedly awesome, even though it was semi quiet, Stefan and I enjoyed a few drinks at home, our friend Darren came over and Stef’s little brother Shane with his friend Paul.
They then randomly took me in my wheelchair to our local around the corner to meet some more of Stefs family and see in the New Year. We weren’t out for long but it was nice to get some fresh air and the atmosphere was a happy and drunken one!!
We didn’t get to bed until 4.30am at which point my husband decided the alcohol he drank should no longer be in his body so preceded to throw up every hour until midday on New Years Day - I don’t think he’ll be touching vodka and jager for quite a while!!!
I was so grateful to have had spent Christmas & New Year at home, my chest is still not at all well, Stef is still having to wash my hair & dress me and I think now after just over a week off iv’s it’s time to resume them again.
However, my tummy is now playing up too.
I suffered from meconium ileus when I was a baby (blockage of the bowel) and had an operation to remove part of my intestine. This was how I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at six week’s old in Bristol Hospital.
Since then I’ve suffered with awful blockages and more often now I’m older.
I take several laxative medication a day just to make me go to the toilet once a day. Senna, Sodium Docsuate & Movicol. When I start feeling my bowels are sluggish and I’m feeling bloated, I have to increase my Movicol dose‘s, and often end up using Klean Prep or Gastrografin which if I’m lucky will flush out my bowels completely and this I can do at home (not very pleasant as you can imagine!)
If all this fails to work though, I have no option but to be admitted. If my tummy is blocked, not only do I look like I’m hiding three basketballs underneath my clothing, but I’m in excruciating pain and if I eat or drink, because it can’t go anywhere past my tummy it comes straight back up - usually with a lot of green bile too.
I had a very bad episode last year, and was in hospital for a fortnight. The team were trying everything they could, I was back and forth to endoscopy and theatre, having cameras put up and things going down… It’s a long standing joke that Kirstie & Neil (CF friends) take the piss out of me for having had one of my consultants fingers up my arse - Embarrassing for many, but I just have to grin and bare it, CRINGE!!
Thankfully, after trying many things, the blockage finally dislodged and I didn’t have to go to theatre, much to mine & my CF Teams relief.
I get really anxious each time it happens, so have to be on top of it 24/7
Anyway, enough of the boring stuff!
Tomorrow (4th January) I’m celebrating two years of being with Stefan.
I can’t believe it has gone by so quickly and yet I feel like I’ve been with him for so much longer and didn’t know what the hell I was doing with my life before we got together.
I remember it as if it was yesterday. Being in my brothers year at school, I’d always known him or ’known’ of him, but our paths didn’t really cross until December 2009 when I was in the pub (surprise!) and we got talking.
I thought it was just abit of harmless fun, we exchanged numbers and on New Years Eve we had a kiss but I thought that’s as far as it would go until he asked if he could cook for me…
On 4th January we had our very first date, I went to his house and he cooked me a curry. We got on so well, I never realised just how much we would have in common. I admired the way he looked after his little brothers, he was so mature, understanding and caring. He restored my faith in men and in love.
I was in a very bad place when we met and I know it sounds corny, but I really can say he was my knight in shining armour. We’ve not looked back since and already gone through so much together. I can honestly say the last two years have been the happiest of my life despite being so poorly.
This time last year we were planning our wedding, (Stefan proposed on Valentine’s Day in 2010 much to people‘s complete shock!) and now we’re six months into our wonderful married life.
It still kills me to think that I can’t give him children, but I am so lucky to know I have actually found my soul mate. His family are a massive support too, and although the future is unforeseeable, I pray everyday I can spend as long as I can with the man of my dreams.
I thank you everyday from the bottom of my heart Stefan, you have completed me in every sense of the word and made me a better person.
I love you unconditionally and will do forever, thank you for giving me the best two years of my life yet. xx
He’ll kill me for these piccies but thought I’d post to make you smile xxx
Stefan trying to make me laugh with a cheesestring tash in hospital!
Stef after a hard day's roofing!
Our first family party when we got together (January 2010) Check out the roid face - MOON!
Stef & I now, New Years Eve 2011





I came across your blog by accident really - I've had to take klean prep ready for a tube going up and was being all pathetic "it's disgusting, I can't do it etc" and googled it, just to see what other people had said about it.
ReplyDeleteYour blog came up, and as I read it I began to feel so ashamed at my pathetic behaviour, there you are with everything you go thru and you have to take this foul stuff as a matter of course.
You are a very inspirational lady - so brave and with such a positive outlook. You sound really lovely and so does Stefan. I wish u all the luck and happiness for the future, you both deserve it. Many 'men' much older than Stefan would fail where he has proved himself so amazingly. What a great couple u are. I think your blog is beautifully written, funny, scared, optimistic - all your feelings are there. I hope you don't mind if I carry on reading to find out how you're doing.
All the very best to you both, I really hope your dreams come true in 2012, you'll be in my thoughts xx
That is such a lovely message Daisy, thank you for your kind words!! Are you on fb? If you type in kimberleyliane@hotmail.com it should come up with my profile, please feel free to add so you can follow my journey... Wish you all the best with your procedure :) & a happy New Year to you xxx
ReplyDelete