I hope you all had a lovely Christmas & New Year, we are now well into 2016 & I really hope it brings good things to all that I know & love.
Instead of writing a massive essay of the in's & out's over the last few months, I thought I would just give you a very quick update on a few things I have been up to / that's happened & from now I will try to keep you more up to date!
Sadly, Christmas wasn't what we hoped, I was put on some medication to treat a fungal infection my lungies had, but this caused big problems with my kidneys again, although I was able to keep off the ward & be at home, the home became very much like a cabin again. I felt awful so couldn't get out & a lot of the time people were ill being that time of year so barely got to see or do anything over the festive period. December can actually be a very lonely time for us tranplantees! However, I am now off the medication & having bloods every few days to try & get my levels back to where they should be!
I am back to Harefield again in about a fortnight so will keep you posted with how things go. Here come the photo's.... Thank you for reading & have a wonderful week :-)
Stef & I went to our very first panto together on the 21st December , Gok Wan was the fairy gokmother but I really thought Paul Zerdin was awesome, it was so funny. We started with a meal at Bella Italia, watched the panto then randomly went to watch Krampus the Christmas Horror at midnight! We had an absolutely lovely night together so I am very thankful for that... Especially as Christmas day we were both extremely poorly with food poisoning, this evening may have made up for that!
My gorgeous kids giving me cuddles over Christmas to make me feel better!
Dris has continued to use his amazing talent & I am more than happy to be the canvas!! I have had several cover up's done over the last few months. Gone are the playboy tats & crooked angel wings, in place, my favourite film ever, Nightmare Before Christmas, a Caiman eye, & the start of an amazing back piece, the hand & flame are for my donor - Forever burning...
.
I know tattoos aren't everyone's thing but I love them & I'm not quite done yet - To be continued...
Stef & I went to Weymouth Sea Life Centre On New Years Day to kick start off the New Year with some exciting things planned, this was with the Virgin voucher we were very kindly given by a fellow transplantee.... It was a fab morning despite the awful weather! I just love doing anything to do with the animal world!
We also went to ghost hunt night at Torbay museum with our friends a few weekends ago - It started at 8.30pm & finished at 3am! It became extremely emotional as towards the end, I went on the spirit board & my Pops (grandad) came through to give me a message, asking if I was ok & to stay well. It was so sad, spooky, heartbreaking & made me so happy all at the same time.
The kids are doing brilliantly as always, very well behaved. Kaos will be turning two next Saturday so of course, he will be spoilt rotten!
Yesterday, 23rd January 2016 we had a family wedding & celebrated Kelly & Damien (Stefan's brother) finally tying the knot. We didn't stay until the evening as it was a long day & we have the animals, but it was great to share their very special day with them. The biggest of congratulations to the happy couple :)
& that leaves us with today .... For the first time since my tranplant, I was able to ride with Stefan, pillion on his motorbike.
I had the most amazing afternoon, I have always been into my bikes since I was little, when my father was around to give a fuck, that's what I would be on... The back of his Harley, taking me to Dartmouth for a ride in the sunshine.
I had all the gear when Stef had his old bike pre transplant - I was on oxygen & even went on the back to our neighbouring village with the 02 in a rucsack but struggled immensely.
Today was just epic. I have no words.
The time went so quick, we were out for a good four hours & despite not talking to one another I think it was one of the most precious memories I will cherish of our time together. It sounds weird to most, but I felt free, I could breathe & it was incredible just taking in the view, holding onto the person I love most on the world & getting lost in the moment. Just perfect!
So that's it for now, I am feeling really good about life at the moment, my health isn't amazing but I am fine, I am living life & enjoying it. Taking every day as it comes & making the most of what is dealt to me. For the first time in ages I feel really positive about things & want to try & remain like this for as long as possible.... !!!
Have a wonderful week guys, over & out xxxxxxx
P.s. I have gone purple (my hair that is) ;)










Glad to read life is going well.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant that you got to pillion, I love zooming about on the back of the boyfriend's bike. It's a bugger when the lungs play up but it's good physio!
Keep well!