BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, 3 October 2013

Hello October



We're in October! One of my favourite months of the year... It must be the vamp in me ;) It's 10am & pitch black, the rain is chucking down & I think we might be close to having some thunder & lightening very shortly... Its a good job I am not going anywhere today!! I love this weather when your snuggled in the warm... I love this time of year as long as you don't have to go out in it & you manage to escape the dreaded lurgys which everyone comes down with....

3 days into the month & Stefan is ill! He usually has an amazing immune system & is rarely sick. This is actually the first time since my transplant he has become poorly so it's all quite new to us. He is avoiding me like the plaque as said he would hate himself if I was to become poorly. He is dosing himself up on all the usual cold & flu remedies & staying in another room at the moment, if he becomes worse, he may have to go & stay with his brother for a few days but we are both hoping it won't come to that. I haven't had a kiss or cuddle in 3 days now & it's utterly crap!! However, I know how important it is to stay in as good 'condition' as possible, especially with my up & coming fundo op which I will move onto in a minute.... So for now, I'm just going to have to be patient, suck it up & hope my poorly hubby gets over his snotty nose soon.

Last Thursday was my road trip with Hayley to St Mary's. We got there & back without a hitch & had a good laugh too, I even popped her Krispy Kreme cherry!! (Thank you so much for taking me, I really appreciate it) The appointment itself however, to me was a waste of time again, nothing that couldn't be done over the phone or else where & thankfully, Hayley agreed with me also so I'm glad I'm not just being a whiney bitch for nothing! We waited over a good hour to be seen, then it was just 15 minutes for some paperwork filling in & a blood test. The rest of my test results were needed from Harefield which I was attending the following Monday. As stated in the letter, I even took all my medications (to those cf & tx patients you'll know its a mini suitcase full ) & it wasn't even looked at !! All I found out that day was that they would hope I would be called for the procedure 'sometime' in October & I worked out that I would at least need 5 days or more notice as I need to stop my warfarin before the procedure. That was it....

Hayley & I @ Paddington, London


On Monday I was back at Harefield for clinic, the ride there & back was a good giggle as usual with Steve, who never fails to amuse me! I had my usual tests done in the morning as well as another echo & ecg requested by St Mary's. My lung function has remained the same, it's still very low (35% - My highest since tx was last Christmas at 69%) but I am thankful it hasn't dropped & I think the high dose of pred has a lot to do with that. I saw Dr Carby later on that afternoon, we didn't alter any of my medications, especially as I will soon need extra back up for any infection risks going into surgery. As we all know, he said I was desperate for the fundo operation & that if I haven't heard from St Mary's 2 weeks from that day with a date of my procedure, I have to ring him up & get him to chase them again. He agreed we are just in limbo waiting now & to have that sorted then concentrate on everything else afterwards... Dr Carby mentioned again that he doubts I'll get my lung function back but hopes the inflammation from my lungs will go which might then help me improve in myself. So I booked a follow up appointment for a few weeks time & now just hoping I'm actually called for the fundo beforehand. Cross falanges....

In between travelling to & from London, I have been really busy cracking on with my Halloween Charity bags for EDCF, I have actually almost completed them & so chuffed with the outcome. I have had a couple of friends help me out with bits & pieces for them & now I am waiting on a few things here & there & then they can be made up & sold. I will put together a little pic college of all the contents on my facebook & the price & people can start purchasing as soon as it's done. I was a little worried when they mentioned about my fundo being done in October, the last thing I wanted was to be called mid way in completion & have Halloween pass me by & it all to have gone to complete waste. Panicking slightly, at the weekend I spent all my time cracking on with the bits I needed to make. I have had so much fun doing it it's been great... I just hope that everyone who supports the project & purchases one, enjoys their bag & think it's worth the money. I would really like some feedback afterwards as if it's something people did like, I may consider doing a lot more in the future. I have included a few sneaky pics to show you but the finished results will be saved for next time!!

Having Fun Creating My Halloween Charity Bags




This weekend I have a christening to attend.... My soon to be god daughter's! Little Honor & her mummy have also been quite poorly with the horrible cold lurgy so really hoping everyone is much better in a couple of days & we can enjoy a nice afternoon together. I have just heard the claps of thunder & think now might be the time for me to put the kettle on, dig out my onesie & stick on The Nightmare Before Christmas!



Hope you all have a lovely weekend & stay safe....

Thank you as always for taking the time to read. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Always positive Sweetheart, Never any Negative comments, & Always a Joy to Read, so pleased that you are "Getting On with it" and not sitting back and moaning all the time as so many others do, Love and best wishes from Lady Lungs & Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete