BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Farewell 2012 - Bring On 2013!!!


*I had a problem uploading my pictures this time for some reason (it's taken me over two hours!) so sorry they are all at the bottom & in a strange order instead of throughout my paragraphs but hopefully you get the jist!!!*

Well what can I say, I had a lovely Christmas.
Just before the big day my beautiful Christmas decoration arrived in the post from my friend Tracey, who had made it especially for my donors family which completed my tree, all the shopping had been done & I was ready to relax & let the enjoyment begin.

On Christmas Eve we saw Stef’s family in the morning & exchanged gifts, then went for a quiet drink before relaxing at home for the evening. Stefan & I just had the day to ourselves on Christmas Day, we had a lovely cooked breakfast & a glass of bubbly to begin with & then fed the snake babies. We then both were in our onesies, (I had got one for Stef as a gift) preparing our lovely roast lamb together, having a few drinks & watching Christmas TV…

On Boxing Day we saw my mum, brother & sister in the afternoon & had a lovely roast, the following day, another roast with Stef’s auntie, uncle & cousins & then on Friday we had a little Christmas afternoon with Dave & Marie who also made us a lovely roast! 4 in a row - Was bloody lovely but I’ll be dammed if I see another pig in blanket anytime soon!!!
It was peaceful, slightly hectic at times but pretty much perfect & I enjoyed every minute. I was quite emotional during the whole week as felt so lucky to be here & appreciate the time spent with people we love.

In between Christmas & New Year we brought home our final breeding male, up to weight already so he can breed this season with our normal girlie. We named him Stryder & he is a Bumblebee Royal Python. Absolutely stunning little lad. Love him too bits!! So that’s 15 in our family now. 15 beautiful babies & I love each & every one. I’m waiting for my family plaque to come, the people who make them have very kindly made a bigger one with all the names of our snakeys - so really looking forward to getting that up on the wall!!

New Years was the next big thing & I have always thought it was really over rated as your almost forced to make sure you have a good time…. As said in my previous blog we were invited to our friends in Exeter for the night, I took a few bottles & the game of Twister, we arrived about 5pm & the drinking got under way - For the first time in a long time I had a great New Years Eve, I started to slow my drinking down & soba up, I didn’t feel particularly in the mood as was enjoying myself regardless, my husband however can barely remember midnight onwards & was hugely entertaining for us all!! People started leaving about 3am & we finally settled down to get some sleep around 4ish although I spent the majority of the night running to the bathroom rubbing Stefan’s back as he chundered constantly…. I’m amazed he didn’t wake Kate & Alicia!! We got home at lunch time the next day, Stefan was extremely ill & constantly being sick so I just let him ‘sleep’ rubbing his back whenever he needed to visit the toilet again - Poorly boy! It was a great night though & we got lots of good pictures!

With all the excitement of Christmas & New Year I kept on top of all my medications as didn’t want anything to go wrong & end up poorly. I had a great time, but I did find myself struggling a bit, on Boxing Day it was my 5 month post transplant anniversary, so I know I’m still very early days. The last few week’s I have had more chest & stomach pain & a lot more headaches. I find myself tiring out very easily & having to go to bed in the afternoons to sleep as I can barely keep my eyes open. The last few days have been the worst, I don’t have a temperature or anything & my lung function isn’t particularly down but I don’t feel right so will have to keep a very close eye on things before they develop into something worse.
I was at Exeter hospital yesterday for some ladies problems, I have to go back for another scan the week after next & then I’m being put to sleep for further investigations, I’m on the waiting list so this should happen in the next 8 weeks… I’m at my CF clinic the week after next also & not at Harefield until February so will just have to take things a day at a time & see how I go.

We had our nephew Jack for the day on Saturday, the first time since my transplant, so we took him to the moors & Decoy Park for a walk, play & fresh air. It was brilliant, he’s his own little character now & I loved being able to push him on the swing & walk alongside him holding his hand in the woods. The last time we had him I couldn’t even pick him up. These are the moments I am so grateful to my donor for, I smile from ear to ear when I get to achieve something I couldn’t do in the past. It’s all the little things people take for granted & I cherish….

So what are my plans for 2013 I hear you ask ??

Well, it’s still early days, so I’m taking as much care of myself & these precious lungs as I possibly can. I really want to live for the moment & do my donor proud. I know people are planning holidays & things but for me this is a no no, one because of my tx & 2 I just wouldn’t want to with all the babies & our plans for breeding… Instead, we have our log cabin weekend break coming up in February which I am so excited for… & for the rest of the year I’d like to do little things like that. We have friends in Essex we met on our honeymoon who we haven’t seen since May last year that we would like to visit over a weekend, a car/ferry trip to Roscoff from Plymouth with our friend Darren, a trip to see Shaun Foggetts World of Crocodiles Zoo up in Oxfordshire & I’m trying to convince Stefan to take me to Dublin maybe for a night or two towards the end of the year - lots of savings in between for a rainy day if we can, plenty of snake cuddles & making the best memories I possibly can with my husband, family & good friends.

I also want to get the ball rolling for fundraising for Harefield & EDCF & more awareness for Organ Donation. I’m not the sporty type & I like to be different so I’m brainstorming (going to take some time with my pea sized nugget) with some wacky & weird ideas, hopefully around my passion & love for snakes & other reptiles but you have to be so careful with insurance & health & safety within the public these days so will update you when I can …

One thing I would have loved to report during this blog was that my friend Kerry had her call over the festive period, I’m very sad to say this did not happen but she is remaining positive and constantly fighting - Please keep her in your thoughts, I really hope your call comes soon sweetie, you’re a true survivor. xxx

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas & wish you all the best for 2013 !!
Thank you as ever for taking the time to read. xxx



My Little Christmas Skeleton!

Stryder Our Bumblebee Male



My Donors Family Christmas Decoration Made By My Friend Trace xxx

Stef,  Ross & I New Years Eve

Alicia & I

Kate & I

Me With Our Nephew Jack

Jack With Uncle Stef

Pic From Our Take A Break Shoot

Pic From Our Take a Break Shoot

Me

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that Christmas and the new year went well so glad for you both. Don't overdo things if you are feeling under the weather as it is still early after Tx. I am making plans for this new year to make it a full one. After losing mum I have been reminded how quick things can change:(I hope to get travelling this summer too, hopefully on two wheels:) Please let me know when you will be coming to Oxfordshire to "Crocodile of the World" as I have been hoping to go since last year and would love to come along and get some pictures with my new camera:)
    Hope that the year continues to improve for all of us, particularly Kerry praying that she gets her call soon!

    ReplyDelete