I’ve still got another 4 weeks to go before I am back to Harefield, it’s been weird not having to go back again so soon but an absolute delight!
I’ve been keeping my days busy by seeing good friends, whether round their house or mine. I’ve also been really enjoying the fact I can do so much around the house on my own. I love being a proper wife again, I always start the day early (I haven’t had a lie in since transplant) no matter what and get my nebs and tablets done. If I don’t have plans seeing a friend then I will be sorting out all the snakes, bathing them, changing their bedding - sorting out the dishes and getting dinner started so by the time my husband is back from work, he is able to relax and we can spend the evening together without having any chores to do. This has been amazing, I can’t describe to you just how good it feels, such mundane things in life that people take for granted, I feel I get a massive achievement by doing so now. I really cannot thank my hero donor enough. Next week will be my four month anniversary since my transplant and time seems to stand still, yet at the same time fly by. It’s a very strange feeling.
Me & Chase (My Friend Hayleys Son)
On The Swings
I am still incredibly emotional, if not more so the last few weeks as people I have become friends with are having a really difficult time on the waiting list for a transplant (even if I have not met them face to face as yet) That’s one thing this new life doesn’t prepare you for, so many deserving people need an organ and because of the lack of donors available on the register, their time may never come. It’s heartbreaking, and I feel utterly helpless.
My fellow cfer Kerry is extremely poorly at the moment, she is desperate for her new lungs and I’m so scared for her. She’s one hell of a fighter though and I know she’ll do this, I just can’t help but feel incredibly useless when people are in such need…. Hang on in there sweetheart, please.
Since my last blog, Stefan and I have brought home not one but two new babies!!! We are also getting one this Saturday and have a deposit on another girlie for when she is ready which will proberly be after Christmas now. We love nothing more on a weekend than to go and visit our reptile friends Kate & Alicia at Exeter Exotics, we spend hours there just chatting away and looking at the new arrivals. Stefan has been working his arse off with work and we have been lucky enough to be able to add some more family members to our little clan - This makes me smile so much, nothing makes me happier than looking after my snake babies….
Kenya, Female Desert Ball Python
Baby Girl Kenya
Blaze Male Enchi Ball Python
Baby Boy Blaze
My chest is feeling good and my blows are consistant, I have still been enjoying going for walks even in the ice cold weather, come rain or shine it just doesn’t phase me, I’m so happy I can get out there and do it….
I’ve even finished all the Christmas shopping (to be fair I didn’t have a lot to get as don’t have a big family) and wrapped it all yesterday in the space of a few hours after my diabetic retinal screening so now I can just enjoy the festive season creep up on me!! If I’m lucky, Stefan may let me put the tree up this weekend, I’m such a big kid!!! ;)
So that’s about it really - Oh, don’t forget Take A Break is out next Thursday 29th, if you are interested in my article, I’m absolutely shitting a brick about seeing it myself - just hope I’ve done everyone proud!! I’ll leave you with a few piccies now, until next time, have a good week everyone….
Me With My Boy Thunder Who
Is Heavily In Shed In This Pic!
Me & My Girl Kai
Me Today After My Good Friend
Jeanna Did My Hair!
Thank you as ever for taking the time to read. xxx









Ahhh u have already done us proud! :O)
ReplyDelete